- Paperback: 64 pages
- Publisher: Salt Publishing (11 Jun. 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1844717356
- ISBN-13: 978-1844717354
- Product Dimensions: 14 x 0.4 x 21.6 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,532,795 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Hannah and the Monk (Salt Modern Poets) Paperback – 11 Jun 2009
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
Individually, her poems charm; her passion for language is palpable, her lines heaped with gorgeous words selected for sheen and texture, which build the lustrous images that distinguish her work. (Sarah Crown Poetry London ) --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
These poems are remarkable for their charm, freshness and agility. The eye is keenly observant; the appetites strong; the tone confidential, elegiac and tender. From the poignant chronicle of Elmer and the Barmaid, through a witty take on a Shakespeare sonnet, the wistful bestiary of Five Years Trying to Win the Flower Show Vegetable Animal Class, to poems of camouflaged desire – ‘Hannah and the Monk’ is a first collection that bristles with lust for life. This bird in the hand is worth any number in the bush. (Annie Freud)See all Product Description