on 19 May 2010
We need keep out flies and other insects from our conservatory which has double doors. All of the off the self screens/curtains are too narrow as they are for single door entrances. We bought two of these, plus the Wenko Telescopic Slide Bar 28mm 110 - 185 shower rail. The hem at the top of the curtains is wide enough for the slide bar to be inserted. I thought we'd have to open both doors and insert the bar, removing this when the doors were closed. In fact as the door frame is uVPC, the rebate for the doors is deep enough for the bar to be positioned permanently. The curtains are then slid back when the doors are closed, one utilised when only one door is opened, and both extended when both doors are opened. This is much better than pulling the bar down and rolling up the curtain nightly in summer. They keep the flies out too!
on 26 March 2010
I bought this to go across a larder-type cupboard we have in our kitchen. I am really impressed with it, it's lightweight, looks smart and doesn't get tangled up.

Top tip - don't use hooks to put it up, instead buy one of those expandable resistance-pressure curtain poles for nets (can't remember the exact name but you can buy in most hardware stores or, I bet on Amazon). I did this and the curtain simply slips on the pole and you can instantly put it up by twisting the end of the pole to increase tension against the doorway sides.
on 14 May 2013
That is what I have found from the visitors to my house who have experienced my curtain. I got it bearing in mind summer is coming (one of these years) for keeping insects from getting everywhere just by flying into one room from another, and this it does. Three dogs going in & out through it does seem to cause a static charge to build up sometimes, so the strands stand apart from each other. sometimes they cling to each other instead, and are then likely to catch on you as you walk through. If you are at all OCD, then you may find yourself spending hours separating the strands back into a uniform drop, almost like bursting bubble wrap. so not everybody's cup of tea.
on 23 September 2009
This string door curtain is brilliant - exactly that which we were looking for but didn't know was
available! Good value.
on 12 September 2014
Excellent product. Keeps flies and other nasties out but enables us and dogs to walk thro very easily without getting a face full of hard plastic strips. When I ordered it, I wasn't quite sure what material it was - it's thin strands of silky cord. We bought a tensioned shower curtain type pole and having slipped the screen/curtain onto that fitted it in the recess above the double (french) doors (only one of which we ever open). The door opens under the pole so we just leave it there all the time. When the door is closed the screen lives happily pushed to the hinge side of the the none opening door (out of the way), and having opened the door we simply slide the curtain across so it does it's job. Very pleased with how it looks - it happens to be pretty much the same cream as our walls so blends in unobtrusively. Some negative reviews mentioned possible hazard to young children getting caught up. Ours has never got knotted (despite dogs racing thro to gently persuade cats to leave our garden) but maybe not worth the risk if you have little ones.
on 16 March 2012
This item is quite good, doesn't 'hide' what's behind but obscures it. Don't Hoover anywhere near, I got it caught in the brush bar, whole thing came down and wrapped tightly around it, had to cut a lot loose.
on 6 September 2010
Perfect for what I bought it for! Keeps the flies out of the house in hot weather. Easy to put up and adjust length if you need to.
on 24 August 2010
Good Quality
Used for an understairs cupboard doorway.
hides the junk/coats etc very effectively.
on 8 May 2014
Very good quality after looking at my previous curtain.
Like it very much.will definitely keep those pesky flies out. Love the swish of it when the door is open.
Would recommend to all who own a conservatory. A final look to the conservatory to match the cream blinds.
on 25 July 2014
As an actual fly barrier (which is why I got it) rather than just decorative, I'd say categorically that one of these alone doesn't work. The tassles are too sparse to keep them out and the flies just come through anyway, especially when the curtain billows about a bit. But if you get two and put them together, it's pretty effective. (I ended up doing this.) Makes it considerably more expensive though, of course.. The curtain looks fine and I can't say I've had any problem with tangling as some reviewers mention. The only thing I'd mention is that as I say I ordered 2, a couple of days apart, and one is a slightly different material than the other - one has elasticated tassles that bounce a bit whereas the other doesn't, and one curtain is about 5 inches shorter than the other. I had to cut one to they matched up. Otherwise reasonably happy with it and prefer to bead curtains. My cats don't mind going through it as it's very light.