Format: Audio Download|Change
Price:£22.74

on 25 July 2008
This book is a useful guide to the basics of energy healing - talking about the human energy field, auras, chakras, the causes of illness, etc, and doing so in a clear, easy to understand way.

When it gets to the energy work, and in particular, the act of healing and seeing, it seems to imply that there is only one way of doing it. But the visions that we each of us see when we heal are different, depending on the individual and the sorts of symbols that have meaning for each one. Indeed, some healers don't see anything at all, but work entirely from intuitive feeling, for example.

My feeling on this book is that it is a useful resource, but that we each need to trust the information and intuitions that we receive ourselves, in order to open up our own higher perceptions. If you find yourself judging your own perceptions as not being "as good as" the author's, just relax and don't worry. They are as good. They're just yours.

I have come across a number of healers who feel they aren't "doing it right" after reading this book, when in fact, they're doing just fine. This is not the fault of the author - it has more to do with the tendency of healers to worry about their own progress and compare it to others.

So, my recommendation is this: read the book. It's full of good information. Then keep the information you can readily assimilate in your own work, and don't worry too much about the other stuff. If you need it, you'll encounter it again.
on 3 August 1999
This book is a must for anyone interested in laying on hands and in understanding the human energy field in general. Barbara Brennan gives substantial background information concerning the disease process and how disturbances and imbalances in the aura manifest in the physical body. She then gives in-depth techniques for correcting these problems on a holistic level, including lucid examples of the ongoing process of healing.
My only complaint about this book is that it fails to address the highly subjective nature of higher perception, but those who are aware of auras should be able to relate her way of seeing with their own.
Although it may not be the best introduction for the beginning healer, overall, this book is an excellent addition to the shelves of intermediate to advanced healers, and it will serve them for years as their practice of the healing arts continues.
on 25 October 2003
I consider HANDS OF LIGHT to be an essential reference book for anyone who is seriously interested in exploring energy healing. I am impressed with the way author Barbara Ann Brennan describes her early childhood experiences of sensing energy fields around trees and all living things, and even more impressed that after many years of training in physics and western ways of scientism, she never lost her inner sense of knowing.
HANDS OF LIGHT includes many pictures of auras and chakras, which serve to illustrate her points about how to identify common personality types and relationship types based on her in-depth personal healing experiences. Brennan also proceeds to explain how to help improve one's health by working on one's energy field.
Full enjoyment of HANDS OF LIGHT requires that the reader either have an open mind regarding the fact that many people can see auras and chakras, or the ability to see these things oneself. Brennan provides exercises to help people learn how to see energy fields, so any reader with a sincere interest in the subject of energy healing will most likely be very satisfied with this classic book.
-- Cynthia Sue Larson
author of AURA ADVANTAGE: How the Colors in Your Aura Can Help You Attain What You Desire and Attract Success
on 16 March 2004
I bought this book to read more about the energy field their purpose and effect in a little more depth and I wasn't disappointed. As a Reiki level 3 healer I find this book of tremendous value. One of the main one's to me is, as some of us cannot see energy colour, I have found by showing the people I treat the illustration in the book (of healer and client) is benifical. They can see and picture the energy in all its glorious colours they are receiving. Personal feed back from all I've treated are very pleased by this simplistic explaination. Barbara Brennans books are a must for beginers and experienced healers.
on 25 December 2001
An absolutely brilliant book on hands-on healing technique. If you practise Reiki or similar healing arts then this book is definitely one to have. If you only have the money to buy one book on this subject, then this, without doubt, is the one to get !.
on 8 December 1998
I read this book first as a Doctorate Student. It disappeared on a move. I was devastated because it had become my encyclopedia for healing. Amazing book!! It gave me additonal insight into alternative healing. I learned the most basic yet prophetic lessons on human existence and made so many notes and studied observations in this book. This book has had the most profound impact on my thought patterns as a Doctor (much more so than any required school text). I have spent my years studying human healing. It dosen't stop at any certain persons defintion of healing. I find each unique human has some new meaning to add to this process. This book will start you on your way to understanding and loving all of man kind.
on 14 June 1998
I liked this book a lot. It describes many different characteristics of the human aura. What's more important, it describes how it reflects your state of health in it; be it wellness or sickness, physical or otherwise. It also describes the techniques that professional healers use in order to heal the patients. The author also positions the healer as a complement (not as an opposite) to the physician. If you asked me what I did not like in the book, I'd just have to say nothing. The author has written another excellent book, "Light Emerging". Although it can be read alone, I'd suggest reading "Hands of Light" first as that book build on, and extends on the knowledge of her first book on the human aura.
on 15 January 2001
What I liked about this book is the unapologetic manner in which Ms Brennan - who was trained as a scientist - simply describes how she views (and sees) the human energy field (HEF) or aura. She lays out in precise detail the 'geography' of the HEF, and makes it real for those of us who are on the lower slopes of the steep climb up the mountain of knowledge about health, healing and bio-energy.
The book has lots of lovely illustrations, too!
on 1 December 2010
This is a very useful book on understanding the Aura and the chakras. It has practical exercises for opening the chakras and maintaining balance. The text is written in a clear and concise manner which explains everything in good detail but is not too heavy a read. Every chapter has a lot of information to absorb and is very thought provoking. A very good reference book to have and use in the therapeutic environment. Definitely worth buying for the bookshelf!
on 26 December 1997
After my initial readings of the Lobsang Rampa books I was left with a huge thirst for Human Aura information. When I read this book I had the inner feeling that everything I was looking at was true! Page after page I could not wait to read what was next. I can barely see a part of the aura. When I saw the color illustrations... what I saw with my own eyes was clearly drawn and explained there! I have this book very deeply in my heart for filling my Hands Of Pure And Divine Light!