iRig Mic Handheld Microphone for Audio and Vocal Recordings Compatible with iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad - Black / Silver
|Price:||£34.99 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
|You Save:||£20.01 (36%)|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Ideal for all vocal applications from singing to speech
- Great for all types of sound recording or processing in music or any other audio application
- Quality condenser-electret unidirectional capsule
- Dual mini-jack connector allows real-time monitoring on headphones, speakers, mixers, Pas
- Rugged, durable metal housingEasy to set-up for any sound source
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
iRig Mic is the first handheld, quality condenser microphone for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad designed for all of your mobile sound needs. Now you can make professional audio and vocal recordings anywhere on your iOS device. The iRig Mic features a highly unidirectional condenser-electret microphone capsule that provides quality recording in both close mic and long distance mic conditions, and provides real time monitoring with its dual mini-jack connector design. A three-level gain switch makes it instantly adjustable for any sound pressure condition — from soft speaking to loud playing. Its familiar form is perfect for handheld performance, plus it allows you to mount it on any mic stand leaving your device free for operating your favourite app. Its rugged metal body is road-ready for the mobile musician. iRig Mic also comes* with VocaLive free, IK’s new real time effects processor suite for the singer and vocalist, and AmpliTube free for guitar players and songwriters. iRig Mic also works with a multitude of other vocal and audio processing apps for the iOS platform. *downloaded through iTunes
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Perfect for musicians out there!
1) The iRig does not work on any of the Android handsets I've tried. Despite this being advertised as doing so, I've tried it out on a Sony Xperia, Motorola Moto X gen2 and a LG Nexus 5X and none of these handsets work with it. Try it on an iPhone and it does work BUT.. (and this is the other major issue):
2) There are constant and many in-app purchases. And the app hounds you constantly to buy them in the form of virtual pedals (for those of you buying this as a present, pedals are what affect the guitar signals to create different effects - a major reason you would buy something like this for someone). And they're not even cheap. You do get a very limited selection to use for free, but it's pointless getting something like this with only three effects. The pedals range between £3 each and £50 for a pack, and they are only usable on other iRig equipment, meaning they're completely useless in other scenarios.
3) The instructions are just in pictures, like ikea. And the frustrations with ikea are shared with this product. There any several versions of the app (only one version is free) and there's not much of a clue which one you're supposed to use, or what the differences of them are. I think they just hope that you're stupid enough to buy one without doing some research on the app store.
I have returned mine and will not be buying anything from IK any time soon as they clearly cannot be trusted. the iRig is a gimmick with the clear aim of extorting more money from you for it to be at all useful.
An extra bonus is the provision of a headphone socket so that you can listen to your recordings as you make them. I recommend a decent set of studio "cans" to get the best out of this system, but any standard headphones or earbuds with a 3.5mm plug will do at a pinch.
This preamp uses a standard four-pole 3.5mm connector and also works well on my Samsung Galaxy S2 phone.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I'm very impressed with the sound quality of this microphone. It's a great deal better than the iPhone's built in mic and has reduced background noise. Read morePublished 6 days ago by AdmW
I received this a present and I had to return the product.On the manufacturer's website and also on here it seems that the product should be fully compatible with Apple products... Read morePublished 7 days ago by Tommaso Gregori
"Did what it said on the tin" really pleased with the way it performed. Simple to use, but effective.Published 8 days ago by dis-chuffed of Romford
While the idea is good the fact that this works with the audio jack on your iOS device rendered it almost useless due to having no input gain control. Read morePublished 9 days ago by Amazon Customer
excellent item, works with all the guitar apps i have tried so far, garage band, tone stack etc, glad i bought it.Published 9 days ago by mart
Fantastic interface. I am using it with an Ipad Mini Retina (iPad mini 2nd gen) that uses the lightning connector, but it also comes with various connectors for different iPad... Read morePublished 10 days ago by J. Marshall