- Vinyl Bound: 840 pages
- Publisher: OUP Oxford; 2 edition (13 Oct. 2005)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0198566638
- ISBN-13: 978-0198566632
- Product Dimensions: 18.3 x 3.3 x 10.7 cm
- Average Customer Review: 3.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,067,815 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Oxford Handbook of Clinical and Laboratory Investigation (Oxford Handbooks Series) Vinyl Bound – 13 Oct 2005
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
...the perfect practical protocol companion for clinical research scientists. (Journal of Clinical Research Best Practices)
This book would appeal to virtually anyone early in his/her medical career - medical students, interns, residents, and junior attendings. It would also appeal to anyone in the allied health sciences whose daily work involves the various tests discussed, or anyone in the field of healthcare who is interested in why certain tests are done for which diseases. ... I found this book to be very useful firsthand when asked to consult on which laboratory test(s) were needed to evaluate a patient with hypernatremia. Sure enough, I turned to the endocrinology section, found the appropriate text, and read off the correct tests to order; all the while sounding like a competent clinical pathologist. This experience highlights the easy accessibility of information and overall clinical usefulness of this book. (Doody's Journal)
About the Author
Drew Provan is on the editorial boards of The British Journal of Haematology, Blood Reviews and the US web-based journal Bloodline.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Understanding Laboratory Investigations: For Nurses and Health Professionals covers all of the basics and is much more readable and I'd recommend to medical students, especially those in the early clinical years.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Ancillary Services
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Internal Medicine > Diseases & Disorders
- Books > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Botany & Plant Sciences > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Chemistry > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Research & Equipment > Medical Diagnosis
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Reference
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Basic Medical Science
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z