on 23 April 2014
Firstly let me say that I really love Mary Kate McDevitt's work and I think she is very talented so that made me even more disappointed in this book! Being such a fan of her work I bought this book on Amazon without researching it first, expecting it to match up to the great standard of her work and integrity... and yes, it is useful and there is great advice and guidance for novice hand letterers, that is, until page 63 out of 188... after which the book is essentially filled with blank pages for you to practice lettering. I felt horribly let down and ripped off... so whilst I love MKMcD I would definitely not recommend this book as value for money.
on 21 May 2014
the styles of fonts were very similar. they were very nice but i expected more. Also most of the book is note pages to practise on, which is a good idea. However, the book seems quite thick then to find that its mostly blank pages was a bit of a let down in my opinion. No disrespect to the artist who collated all of the fonts, they are really very nice but just wasn't for me. Maybe i should have investigated this prior to purchasing.
on 28 April 2014
As the other reviews point out, only 1/3 of the book is actual content, very disappointed. The practice pages are not fit for their purpose either. Mary Kate's artwork is excellent and I really recommend her skillshare class over this book.
on 11 May 2014
No real fine samples of hand lettering inside.

Save yourself a couple of euro and just buy a regular dotted notepad.
on 28 February 2015
I love this book, it's brilliantly visual and helpful, I gave a four because one I thought the book should have been larger due to its content and layout, two I wish it had more content pages rather than sketchbook book pages. I still recommend this book and it came very quickly.
on 17 October 2014
i have looked for books of this type for years, i am so pleased thank you
on 9 February 2016
Not enough content as expected. With half of the book filled with black note pages.
on 9 May 2016