Customer Discussions > Halo 4 (Xbox 360) forum

Is Halo 4 going to be region free?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 28 Oct 2012 09:10:24 GMT
M. Sinishtaj says:
i live in the US and ordered this game from UK Amazon, is Halo 4 going to be region free like the other Halo games?

Posted on 28 Oct 2012 09:27:13 GMT
Diggs says:
Probably, but I'm not 100% sure.

Posted on 28 Oct 2012 12:05:15 GMT
why didnt you just buy it from the states lol ?

Posted on 29 Oct 2012 01:20:50 GMT
M. Sinishtaj says:
i wanted the Limited edition, which is sold out EVERYWHERE. only available in UK. Canada has it but wont ship to US...

Posted on 29 Oct 2012 17:26:59 GMT
UK Version multilingual?

Posted on 6 Nov 2012 12:10:29 GMT
D. Fonseca says:
Can anyone confirm - if i buy the game off amazon UK will it work on my US xbox? (have a US xbox but live in the UK)

Posted on 6 Nov 2012 14:51:31 GMT
u would have and EU xbox with a something the convert the amount power cause other it will not work i had the samething happering when i brought a blu-ray player on amazon DOT com i had to do that

Posted on 6 Nov 2012 21:14:57 GMT
J. Earl says:
Halo 4 PAL (UK) version is compatible with US (NTSC-U) xboxs. I bought my game in the UK and it plays on my xbox, so you should be fine.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Nov 2012 23:05:40 GMT
Uncle DJ says:
GIYF

Posted on 7 Nov 2012 10:29:41 GMT
D. Fonseca says:
I dropped amazon support a line and their response - 'the halo 4 available on Amazon UK is a PAL version and will not work on a US XBox.' J.Earl comment above is completely opposite.. not sure what to do.. :(

Posted on 7 Nov 2012 11:45:13 GMT
J. Earl says:
Yeah I got that same response when I tried to buy the PAL version of Halo 4. BAsically the store told me that they can't say that it will work on your machine because if it doesn't, they can be held liable because they said it would be fine (essentially accidentially lying to you). But trust me, I bought the PAL version and my US xbox plays it fine. Was able to play online and the campaign. I haven't tried Spartan Ops yet so I cant tell you if that is region locked or not, but basic multiplayer and campaign works fine.

Posted on 7 Nov 2012 23:48:24 GMT
J. Earl says:
I can now confirm that Spartan Ops does work as long as you still have a connection to Xbox Live US. Im in the Uk, but my live connection is still to the US, so I can play Spartan Ops. I don't think it will work if you have a UK connection because Spartan Ops in DLC, and almost all DLC is region locked. BUt for me, Halo 4 UK version works perfectly in my xbox. Im using an HDMI cable, not AV cables though, so that also may be a factor.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Nov 2012 11:48:39 GMT
D. Fonseca says:
Thanks Earl.. you been a great help. Though the Spartan ops makes it a bit more confusing. I think i'm connecting to Xbox live UK. I guess I'll just pick up the PAL version of Halo 4 and see what all works.

Posted on 14 Nov 2012 15:07:30 GMT
M. Schiefner says:
they work. and all Halo DLC are Region Free too

i Have US Version and it works on a Pal Xbox (US Version is Region Free, same as UK version, Ger Version, Ita Version, FR version, ES version and so on (cant tell about the Jap version))
and all Codes and Preorder stuff too (redeemed on a Euro Country Account)

so no problems

Posted on 14 Nov 2012 15:14:57 GMT
D. Fonseca says:
Yes.. i can confirm it too.. I picked up the game in London (PAL) and it works fine on my US Xbox... Hopefully all games in future are region free too...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xb2233e4c)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Halo 4 (Xbox 360) forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  28 Oct 2012
Latest post:  14 Nov 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Halo 4 (Xbox 360)
Halo 4 (Xbox 360) by Microsoft (Xbox 360)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (646)