From the Back Cover
Now you can satisfy your appetite for information
This book is not about the minutia of RSS and Atom programming. It′s about doing cool stuff with syndication feedsmaking the technology give you exactly what you want the way you want. It′s about building a feed aggregator and routing feeds to your e–mail or iPod, producing and hosting feeds, filtering, sifting, and blending them, and much more. Tan–talizing loose ends beg you to create more hacks the author hasn′t thought up yet. Because if you can′t have fun with the technology, what′s the point?
A sampler platter of things you′ll learn to do
- Build a simple feed aggregator
- Add feeds to your buddy list
- Tune into rich media feeds with BitTorrent
- Monitor system logs and events with feeds
- Scrape feeds from old–fashioned Web sites
- Reroute mailing lists into your aggregator
- Distill popular links from blogs
- Republish feed headlines on your Web site
- Extend feeds using calendar events and microformats
About the Author
Leslie M. Orchard
is a hacker, tinkerer, and creative technologist who works in the Detroit area. He lives with two spotted Ocicats, two dwarf bunnies, and a very patient and understanding girl. On rare occasions when spare time comes in copious amounts, he plays around with odd bits of code and writing, sharing them on his Web site named 0xDECAFBAD (http://www.decafbad.com).