on 14 February 2014
I was compleatly taken with the bond between Haatchi & Owen. I couldn't put the book down and finished it within 24 hours. If you are deciding whether to buy this book, BUY IT. You won't be disappointed. I have had the privilege to meet Owen, Haatchi and their family, they are such a lovely family and are always working hard to raise money for various charities. Owen is a wonderful little man and their story should be read by everyone.
on 17 February 2014
This is a very special book, it will definitely be a best seller and if you don't shed a tear or three get the optician to check if your tear ducts are working properly.
What an incredible uplifting story of triumph over adversity.
If it doesn't get made into an Oscar winning film it will only be because it would be impossible to find actors to fill the lead roles.
There is only one Owen and one Haatchi in this world.
It is horrible to think what would life have been like if Haatchi hadn't survived that night the train hit him. So much was down to chance, if Will hadn't met Colleen - and it was a day away from never happening - Owen and Haatchi would never have met, either.... so many small miracles brought this remarkable family together.
Who could have predicted that the way Haatchi coped with his disabilities would inspire his friend to seize the day too and not shy away when people rudely stopped and stared.
That the dog would be the bridge that made Owen see strangers as just friends he hadn't met yet.
This remarkable dog and boy already brightens up so many people's days with their smiles and happy faces via their Facebook page.
This book will be translated into every language there is and will show the world that sometimes the love of a good dog can make life so much better for everyone.
And that even the cruellest treatment imaginable can be forgiven by a brave dog with a massive heart.
on 18 February 2014
Just started to read this book and I have dragged myself away from it to post a review. Don't think anyone will get much out of me whilst it's in my hands. Loving it.
on 17 February 2014
Had the pleasure to meet Haatchi & little B.B.. :-) Read the book in 24 hours.as I couldn't put it down.what a wonderful story .The bond between these two is amazing.if you haven't read it yet its a MUST.
on 17 February 2014
Had a wonderful Sunday reading the amazing story of Haatchi and Little B. Would recommend this book to young and old a like, a story of bravery and dedication of a little boy and his dog.
on 17 February 2014
Thank you Wendy for writing such an amazing book. I literally couldn't put it down it was such a good read.
I laughed and cried through it but a great story with a happy ending and so glad Owen and haatchi and Owen found each other x
on 17 February 2014
Tissues required and at the ready! A lovely story about a remarkable relationship, demonstrates why dogs are a mans best friend.
on 17 February 2014
I have only read the first few pages and I cannot put the book down. Whilst I know the story of the family I cannot get enough of them. They are the most remarkable family I have ever had the pleasure to know. I have met Haatchi and Little B and they are truly a wonderful pair together. Their bond is so strong. I am nearly always in tears when I see the lovely photos of he pair of them together. I hope that the book is a best seller as I'm sure it will be. I shall no doubt read an re-read this book over and over. Love it.
on 20 February 2014
The story of Haatchi and Little B is hard to rate, as emotions overwhelm me. The heartbreaking and yet a wonderful true story of two beautiful souls, a boy and a dog, both unusual, both knowing what suffering means, finding in each other the purest love which heals is enough to feel a tearful joy, catharsis. It is Haatchi, the dog, who is like a magic therapy for the boy. Though I have the feeling that Haatchi's life would not be as complete without Little B as with him.The love of Little B's family, the struggle with and for a disabled child, which sometimes almost drown you should not be forgotten to mention either. Everybody who has or had a disabled child can recognize all those feelings of Little B's family described in the book.
Wendy Holden does not write, she paints words to this story like a spell. You don't just read a book when you read Haatchi and Little B, you are in the middle of it, you hear the sounds in the background, you sense the smell, you feel the pain, the hope, the joy as if you lived in it. She really made justice to this magnificent story.
Thank you all who made this book happen.
on 17 February 2014
I don't think that I can add to the reviews already posted - it's a beautiful book, sad and heart breaking in parts but also full of hope and love. You don't have to like dogs or children to thoroughly enjoy this book!!!