- Product Dimensions: 7 x 0.9 x 13.4 cm ; 132 g
- Boxed-product Weight: 318 g
- Delivery Destinations: Visit the Delivery Destinations Help page to see where this item can be delivered.
Find out more about our Delivery Rates and Returns Policy
- Item model number: 99HRL031-00
- ASIN: B0078LXM4A
- Date first available at Amazon.co.uk: 27 Feb. 2012
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (184 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 43,836 in Electronics (See Top 100 in Electronics)
HTC One X 32GB Sim Free Smartphone - Grey
- Amazing camera technology with HTC ImageSense
- Unrivalled quad-core performance
- Beats Audio for authentic studio sound
- 25GB free Cloud storage with Dropbox
- Connect to your TV with HTC HTC Media Link HD* accessory sold separately
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Colour Name: Grey
HTC One X -- An Incredible Superphone
The HTC One X, available in white and grey, is an incredible superphone. The large 4.7" HD screen and the powerful quad-core processor gives you lightning-fast web browsing, remarkable picture quality and hyper-realistic gaming effects. And the advanced camera technology with HTC ImageSense goes beyond point and shoot, allowing you to take amazing pictures in any conditions. You have a true digital camera on the HTC One X. Beats Audio integration provides an advanced audio experience whatever you are listening to and there is even 25GB free Cloud storage via Dropbox. With the capability to wirelessly share anything from your phone and view it on your TV the HTC One X the most advanced smartphone yet.
Amazing Camera Technolody with HTC ImageSenseThe HTC One X boasts amazing camera technology with HTC ImageSense that goes beyond point and shoot, allowing you to take amazing pictures in any conditions. You can instantly capture shots without delay, take excellent photos in low light and take multiple shots with continuous shooting. You can even snap a picture while shooting HD video. Some of the exciting camera features include:
- Quick Focus : capture photo with no delay with incredible shot-to-shot speed
- Snap photos from HD video: Tap the screen to snap capture high quality photos while shooting HD video. If you missed your shot the first time around, capture the photo when watching the video later
- Continuous Shooting: capture up to 20 pictures in rapid succession; review photos in a new interface to review the ones you want to keep
- Automatic Burst Mode: camera will sense and lock onto moving subject and snap 5 pictures automatically
- Iconic UI experience/dual capture buttons: for the first time, camera interface will have two capture buttons for quick capture of photos or video at any time
- Industry leading lens: F2.0 lens allows for more light resulting in better looking photos, less blur and great low-light performance
- HTC Image Chip: proprietary to HTC, the Image Chip allows for fast processing of photos/video to generate unmatched clarity and quality for your photos
- Auto-Adjusting Flash: no more harsh flash; the flash will sense how far away the subject is and auto-adjust to 1 of 8 flash settings for the most natural looking photo
- Auto Tracking: tap on a moving subject and auto-tracking will follow to always keep in focus no matter if they are even 10 or 20 feet away
Mighty Quad-core performance
The HTC One X has unrivalled quad-core performance for seamless multi-tasking and a super quick response when gaming, surfing the web and downloading videos.
Beats Audio authentic studio sound is now integral to HTC smartphones, so it is available on more devices and works across many more applications. So whether you are listing to music, watching movies, playing games or using a third party app like Spotify you will benefit from the Beats Audio profile.
HTC WatchHTC Watch is HTC's dedicated Movie and TV store where you can browse your favourite movies and TV shows, view detailed information and then choose whether to purchase or rent. HTC Watch has fully integrated search functionality making finding your chosen film/tv show a breeze! You can even browse without having an account.
25GB Free Cloud Storage with Dropbox
As part of the new HTC Sense experience, all new HTC devices come with an exclusive 25GB of Cloud storage from Dropbox, so you can have all your files, music and photos with you when you're on the go. This cloud storage is free for 24 months for HTC customers and is integrated in the Sense user experience, so you can easily upload to your store and manage what is stored straight from your device. Any file you save to Dropbox also instantly saves to your computer, phone and the Dropbox website. And with the Dropbox app for Android you can being your files with you when you're on the go, edit files in your Dropbox from your phone, easily upload your photos and video to Dropbox and share your content freely with family and friends. You never have to worry about attachments again – simply share large files by sending a Dropbox link. Plus, access your Dropbox straight from Office apps to edit documents, spreadsheets, and presentations and save them back automatically. You also don't have to worry about security as Dropbox protects your files without you needing to think about it.
Access to your favorite apps is a finger stroke away with 4 shortcuts. Set your phone ready to give you stock information, weather updates, or your favorite people's Facebook status. Or see your to-do lists, events with one glance.
Best-in-class browsing experience
Enjoy HTML5 and Flash rich content on the go. And our Text Reflow adjusts text to the width of your screen so no more panning left and right. Read Later keeps a copy of what you're browsing so you can read it later without Internet connection.
Multitasking has never been easier. View recently used apps with our new multi-panel design. With a 3-finger swipe, easily switch between the last 2 apps used. You no longer have to go through "Recent Apps" to find the apps you were just using.
An abundance of accessories*
The HTC Media Link HD is a pocket sized adaptor which plugs into the HD port of your HD TV and allows you to stream content wirelessly from your HTC One X . It can either stay linked to your TV or you can take it with you to share content wherever you are, anytime. Once paired, your HTC One X will automatically link to the Media Link HD whenever it is in range and a simple 3 fingered swipe across the screen will let you push content, such as a movie, from your phone on to your TV. Another 3 fingered swipe will pull the content back to your device. This allows you to easily and spontaneously share on the big screen whatever is on your device. You can even multi-task by taking a call or reading email at the same time. So in a nutshell there are many uses for the HTC Media Link HD:
- Sharing DRM protected movies wirelessly onto the big screen from HTC Watch
- Wirelessly share pictures, videos and music to your TV
- Use your smartphone as the home hub for your media content, allowing you to instantly share a web page or a video you are streaming from YouTube
- Multi-task by not only mirroring what’s on your screen onto the TV. For example you can share a movie whilst using your device to send emails or surf the web
- Screen Protector
- Hard Shell Clear
- Ultra Thin Hard Shell Purple
- Hard Shell (Clear) with Flip (White)
- Desk dock *Please note all accessories are sold separately.
- HTC One X device
- 3 Pin Charger
- USB cable
- HTC non-tangle stereo Headset with controller
- Embedded battery
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
However, so far, I've been very impressed. The build quality is beautiful (a solid piece of polycarbonate with a gorilla glass screen spanning the whole front face of the device). It's slim and lightweight (unlike previous HTC models, that tended to be heavy beacuse of their use of an aluminium unibody, and rather on the chunky side). The HD screen is stunning - bright, vibrant, and with incredible detail. This is the first phone display I've seen that out-does the brilliant IPS display of the iPhone. The quad core processor means that the phone undertakes even the most demanding of tasks with ease - no lags or stutter - everything is wonderfully smooth.The camera seems to offer good performance (though haven't used it in a sufficient variety of settings/conditions to come to a definitive view). The sound (with Beats Audio enhancement) is excellent - combined with the screen and processor power, it makes watching 1080P HD video a real treat.
A lot has been made of the issue of battery life - both because of the power requirements of this device, and because of HTC's past record of less than impressive battery performance (the HTC Desire I've been using until now, while not terrible, wasn't great either is this respect). After a few days use, my view is that HTC have clearly done some work on the battery issue - reasonably demanding use (a few hours of video/web browsing/game playing), synching multiple email accounts, WI-FI, 3G and GPS 'on') and the phone will get through a normal working day (but will need an early evening top-up). Given the screen and processor in this phone, that's acceptable in my view.
Downsides? Not many.Read more ›
The first one I had did show the screen flicker, where the image would try to re-size very slightly but several times during high processing load. I noticed this in the store, but a restart sorted it. It then started again at home. The HTC support team quickly identified this as a fault and I got a replacement from the local 3 store the next day. The new one is fine, so it looks like a manufacturing problem with some units.
If you decide to go with this phone, use the Bluetooth transfer function to copy your contacts across from your old to the new phone and set up your email account at the same time. This should flex the processor and show if the unit has the flicker problem.
To add to Hodroulis' very good review, I find that
- the GPS receiver locks on very quickly
- the operating system (Ice cream sandwich - Android 4)is generally intuitive
- video calls over Skype work well
- copes well with multiple apps and web page tabs being open, synchronizing etc
- Battery will of course be an issue due to the large variation of power-sucking apps and large screen. Many apps demand power unnecessarily. There are many available apps, eg Juice Defender, which do a good job of controlling this to prolong life.
If you're looking for a good, large screen, light weight, good multimedia experience and smooth operation then this is a great option. It does make phone calls too, but with 3's all you can eat data and Skype, email and Facebook, who makes calls?
The HTC One X is 10 times better in almost every department. It's quick, intuitive to use. Swype keyboard is a revelation. The camera's fantasic and has a really quick shutter speed in comparison with my old phone. The face and smile detection are awesome. The sound quality on the One X's pre-loaded music player is a massive improvement with the Beats Audio turned on and, though you apparently get the full benefit if you have some Beats headphones, I've just got a decent pair of cheaper earphones and the sound difference is still substantial in my view.
I've noticed a number of people complain about battery life. Frankly, it hasn't been a problem for me. I use the phone a reasonable amount through the day. I unplug my phone from an overnight charge at 6.30am or so. Listen to music before work. Surf the web, check email, Twitter, E-bay, Amazon etc. Make/take some calls. Likewise during lunchtime and I usually play the odd game. Same on the way home and on and off through the evening. Probably fairly average use. I'm typing this at 12.30am and the phone still has charge left. Easily much, much better than I was used to with the HTC Desire.
If I play 3d games on the One X, this does drain the batter much more quickly and I got 2-3 of hours' charge out of the phone when I play 3d games on it solidly. However, compare this to the Playstation Vita, which has a battery life of 3-5 hours. In this context, I really fail to understand people who complain about the battery life.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Good phone. Work well and does what it said. Shame battery life was lessened with usage.Published 4 days ago by Amazon Customer
Excellent service, product very good condition, knocked off one star for the only negative, the camera lens is badly scratched, but as we use cameras for taking photos, doesn't... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Andrew Gooch
As someone that's had the misfortune of having this phone for 11 months (and I'm not one of themany rreviews that gets paid to review ((there's hundreds of them, they never go... Read morePublished 2 months ago by Tony Cooke
Great Phone, amazing features. Just overall a very very good phone. The screen quality is amazing. Nice feel. Just hands down one of HTC's best phones.Published 6 months ago by Home786
Very good phone. Fast, easy and epic! Great camera, sound and big display. Comfortable on the hand. Buttons easy to use.Published 13 months ago by Mohammad Amjad Miah