on 15 November 2013
I have been using the device for about 2 weeks, and I am satisfied so far.
Even though it is made of plastic, it does not feel cheap or low quality.
It is fast enough for everyday use, and the transition between screens, tabs, etc is smooth. Having said that, I am not using very demanding programs such as 3D games, etc.
Memory is expandable and the battery is replaceable, which is always good in my opionion. Battery life is decent, and there is also an eco-mode. It easily lasts for 2 days with moderate use.
There are only a few things I do not like: The on/off button is inconveniently placed and it does not protrude enough, making it hard to operate. The bottom row icons on the main screen cannot be customised. So I am stuck with an icon for the default browser which I never use.
Also, there is a pre-set "what's happening today" type tab that cannot be removed, which is quite annoying. However, it IS possible to set another tab as main/default. Last, - and a minor issue -, the selected wallpaper is not visible in the background when browsing the apps grid. There is a black background instead, which reminds me of older operating systems.
Overall, it is a good phone, offering excellent value for money.
Users who have previously owned Samsung Galaxy S or Note series devices or more premium HTC/LG phones may be underwhelmed by the experience, as the phone lacks the power and customisation possibilities of these phones. However, it is hard to find such a good smartphone at this price range. Most of the alternatives seem quite inferior.
on 7 December 2013
Very good phone and value for money. Although the plastic cover makes it look cheap but the screen is awsome. Very fast phone and can do so much with it!!
on 11 May 2015
This would be a great phone if........only if had more memory!!!

The 4Gb quickly transformed into nothing as you really only have 1Gb to use for apps....if anyone knows how to solve this mystery...it would change my life!
Even with a 32gb SD card... it just wont allow me to download any more apps... I miss my Iphone!
on 13 April 2015
Don't get me wrong, this is a brilliant budget phone. It does everything the average user would need it to. The trouble begins when you damage it. I'm assured that all HTC phones, no matter how expensive, are very hard to repair, unless you're prepared to return them to HTC for a very expensive job. Most local companies won't even touch them. I had my screen replaced and the camera that was basically just glued in has now broken. They are so poorly manufactured and seem to be held together with tape and glue. Do yourself a favour and buy a Samsung. Never again!
on 9 January 2015
After one week the front camera died and they agreed to repair it free of charge, fine.
Then after three months the phone wouldn't turn on. They charged me to repair this.
Started using it again recently after it's repair and it's broken after the second day.
Go to charge the phone and just the charging symbol remains on the screen and it never charges up.

Do not buy this phone, spend your money on another one.
on 22 May 2016
Excellent phone, but my only complaint is the storage problem. The OS takes 90% of internal storage so you can only install very little apps.
However the phone works fine. I like HTC interface.
on 13 January 2015
Needing a cheap smartphone, I turned towards the seemingly reliable HTC. It was the only phone in my price range to have a memory card slot so I decided it would be a reasonable purchase.

It seemed fine for the first few months, but then things like the build quality and the software really began to let it down. The 4gb of internal memory was almost all used up by the OS, so there wasn't a lot of space for new apps, which are downloaded to the phone memory. Not all of them could be moved to the SD card either so often I was told I had ran out of space and had to uninstall apps to make room for new ones, basically meaning there was VERY limited space for apps. If you want lots of apps, this isn't for you.

I'm no expert on camera quality and never see phones as a piece of technology to take a high quality photo, rather than something to take a snap of something interesting and you don't have your camera. So I can't comment on the quality, although I can comment on how this phone DOES NOT FOCUS. Don't bother taking a picture of anything closer to a foot than you, it won't do it.

The build quality is quite poor as well. The USB port became loose within a few months and so did the headphone jack, so it really doesn't lend itself to heavy use. The volume buttons are difficult to find in your pocket. Battery life is poor, even with mobile internet disabled.

Eventually I cracked the digitizer on a night out. I decided I'd fix it myself, considering I wasn't going to fork out the £50 for a professional replacement. I damaged the phone doing it, and I don't regret it whatsoever. Gonna get myself the new Moto G with the memory slot and this phone will join the ranks so many other phones that have disappointed me.
on 27 October 2014
VERY GOOD
on 3 August 2014
Would be a good phone if, it had more memory. Although advertised as having 4gb most of it is took up with pre installed stuff, and you cant move apps to the sd card like you can with the Desire hd. Also the screen is glitchy every now and again it cant cope with the speed of the processor and goes blocky for a second. Is quite annoying. Also hate that blink feed thing, and you cant turn it off only move it to another page... In the end went back to my old HTC Desire hd

See one answered question