on 11 December 2012
My three-year old mouse started to show signs of age so in shopping around for a replacement made me realise the choice there is in the humble mouse.
I tried out many and the HP X4000 was an exceptional find.
Until then I'd only used the small symmetrical laptop sort, although had progressed to the wireless variety.
As soon as I held the HP I realised just how much thought and effort had gone in to the ergonomics of the device. It felt comfortable and natural in the hand. Larger and perhaps slightly weightier than previous mice, although this seemed only to give the impression of quality and wasn't a problem.

All in all an excellent device and in my case in a colour which matched my HP laptop !

If I had to be really picky I'd say the scroll wheel was a tad over-'clicky' for me, but that's something I'll quickly get used to.

Overall a five star performer.
on 11 September 2013
There's only so much to say about a wireless mouse so I'll be brief.

The HP X4000 looks good and feels nice in the hand, it also connected seamlessly to my PC and slides over the mat as if it is on a layer of oil ... all pluses then to begin with.

My ageing Microsoft desk mouse had finally given up the ghost (or a couple of it's buttons had) so it was time for a replacement. As an interim measure I had been using a Microsoft mouse which I usually use with my works laptop without issue but believing that a desktop mouse would be better opted for the HP. To be honest the laptop mouse is only marginally smaller and just seems a little more refined with quieter 'clicks' and smoother scrolling, it also has 2 more buttons though these are rarely used so all in all a slightly better product IMO.

I will be keeping the HP as some of it's issues may dim in time and it does have some positives. It may be that it ends up as a spare I'll just have to wait and see how I get on. As I said before it looks very cool and has a nice feel about it it's just a shame it's not a little smoother to operate.
on 15 February 2014
I'm giving this five stars because I can't think of anything to mark it down for.

It was purchased as a replacement for one of the same model but different colour from a high street store chain that no longer carries them in favour of what I suspect is a newer model that I didn't like the look of. If you know what you like why change a winning formula?

So why do I like it?
I'm a clumsy B****** with large hands and my mice go through it. This one is robust enough for the likes of me.

Many Mice are too lightweight, made of plastic so thin and fragile you can almost see through it and so small that I get a feeling similar to the one I get if I have to drive a small car with pedals so close together that I have to use just my toes.. This is a big, reassuring handful of mouse and feels solid and weighty in the hand. The weightiness is partly down to this thing taking two AA batteries not one so you wont need to replace them very often even if like me you never switch the thing off.

Look at the pic up there. The part of it that isn't coloured seems to be molded from something like high density synthetic rubber. This is were the rest of the weight comes from. This stands a really good chance of surviving a drop onto a solid floor as the experience of my last one bears out.

Tough, comfortable to use. If there's such a thing as a "man's mouse" this is it. I suggest you buy one.
on 4 January 2015
Very pleased with this.
Feel is nice - positive 'click' to the buttons and the scroll wheel has enough resistance to prevent inadvertent movement.
There's no lag on startup like I've experienced with other wireless mouses (mice).

My wife got one 6 months or so ago. It's still on the set of batteries supplied with the mouse, under heavy home usage.
She never turns it off.

Got two more now for others in the household.
They don't interfere with each other - which as you'd probably expect, but it did cross my mind they might.

Pleasantly surprised that it works on Linux (I'm running Ubuntu) even though HP don't state that it does.
As I dual-boot with Windows that's perfect for me.

It seems to have come ready-paired with its own dongle; literally turned it on and plugged the dongle into a USB port and it was working.
on 14 March 2013
Bought this because it matched my new HP laptop. Always bought more expensive wireless mice so didn't have too many expectations but it surpassed all. I use Photoshop a lot which requires real precision and this mouse performs better than anything I've owned before.
on 31 July 2013
does what it says. excellent control without the tangling of wires. would recommend everyone had one. looks good and feels good in the palm of your hand
on 24 July 2013
Just wish I had bought a Wireless Mouse ages ago. Love this one as it is a great fit for my hand. very comfortable to use.
on 14 February 2014
I like this mouse a lot. It always works and the battery lasts for ever (almost). I like the weight of this one too. I've tried others that are lighter and just don't feel right for that. It has an off button for travelling, but I leave it on mostly. I think it must save power by going to sleep when idle for a while as there's a slight pause when it wakes up. It's hardly anything though and does mean the battery lasts a long time. The scroll wheel is smooth and can be used without effort. All the buttons (including the scroll wheel button) have worked perfectly since day one (exactly one year ago). I use it professionally and the left button, especially, is prone to giving up with other mice, but I've not had any such issues so far with this one.
on 22 March 2013
Smooth, slick, works on most surfaces. As a trainer, a wireless mouse makes it so handy to pass the controls to the next person without having to move wires. It's also a fairly chunky mouse and well designed, so fits most hands.
on 25 March 2014
Absolutely brilliant quality mouse an extremely comfortable to use as laptop and desktop mouse. Tried with few computer games and work pretty well and sharp to point in shooting games. Will recommended this to every one instead of buying cheap mouse.
In addition 30 months battery life that is yet to be seen!

I've unfortunately used few Tecknet mouses in the past, they all work well but three died in six month so no more investment in cheap mouses when you can get a quality well built mouse like this.

Cons:
This is a slightly heavy mouse in case if you are after a cheap light weight mouse. I haven't got any issues with it but some people might do.