4.8 out of 5 stars1,120
Format: Amazon Video|Change
Price:£2.49

on 15 April 2013
A brilliant movie. I wonder if anyone else notices all the different accents, like Astrid and Hiccup are "AMERICAN" whilst Hiccup's dad has a "SCOTTISH" accent. What happened to trying to put on a Scandinavian Accent? Go figure!
on 16 September 2013
Really like this film. The facial expressions on the dragon are comical, and somehow very cat-like, so I relate him to my pet! Small annoyance caused by the fact that all the adults have Scottish accents while the kids are American/Canadian...
on 17 April 2013
We really enjoyed it, my kids 3 and 7 love it too. A good storyline and not too long so youngest happily sits through it. If you are looking for something for fun and lighthearted that can be enjoyedfor young and old then this is a good watch.
on 6 June 2011
Took my nieces, aged 6 and 9 to see this at the cinema, with little in the way of expectations and was massively pleasantly surprised. It is funny, has a great story and characters and is a visual treat. It looks different to the (very) many animated films I've seen before. It's distinctive, engaging, exciting and has something for boys, girls and adults alike. I only buy animated films on dvd for which I give 8+ out of 10 at the cinema. This scores an easy 9 for me - and my nieces.
on 21 September 2013
This film is great for all the family to watch. I ordered it to keep my 5 year old son and 9 year old daughter amused over the summer holidays. We all loved it and my son wanted to watch it again as soon as it had finished. I was meant to be getting on with housework but I couldn't move from the sofa and I even made them pause it for me so I could nip to the loo (very sad but true!) - one of the best kids' dvds I have seen for a long time.
on 21 November 2013
This is a great movie with an even greater storyline. The picture quality on the Blu-Ray version is stunning throughout. Look out for the follow on Movie in 2014, where you will see all these lovable characters grown up into teenagers and taking on even more challenges.
on 23 January 2014
This movie was simply AMAZING!! It was much better than I expected it to be. I loved everything about it, especially Toothless who is the cutest creature ever!
At first I was a little confused as to why Norse/Viking people were portrayed with scottish accents (some of them anyway), but I got over that very quickly. This movie would be suitable for all the family on a rainy sunday afternoon. I find that some animated movies are quite childlike but I did not find that with this one. Sort of reminded me of Anime movies which I am a huge fan of. Love love love and cannot wait for the second instalment.
on 22 June 2013
My daughters already have this film and we absolutely love it....I think it's my favourite animated film. I bought 2 more copies of it for friend's children's birthdays, they love it too. Prompt delivery and good price
on 19 July 2013
SOMEONE FIND A WAY TO BRING TOOTHLESS INTO THIS WORLD?

Love this film (it's a good one for cat-lovers but that's not a pre-requisite), but it's unusual that the Vikings have Scottish accents and the protagonist Hiccup is American... Otherwise, the music is great and so is the plot.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 July 2012
love love love this movie the people to do the voices are just right. it is a great story, not just for boys, girls can enjoy this movie, as an (adult) I loved it. I will get this for my grand-children as a present. good amimation, funny, sad with a very happy ending