Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.15

on 17 November 2013
I'm a massive fan of Scott Mariani, but this is no where near his normal standards. It's almost like reading another authors work. It's ok for a quick read, but don't expect too much.
on 14 June 2014
I didn't know what to expect from this book. I have read all the Ben Hope books but this is such a departure from this genre. I could not put the book down from about a third through and hated what was happening but was yet enthralled! The ending is, yes, unrealistic, but horrifying and scary. I can't say I enjoyed the story but it was gripping and I wanted to know how it would end. You do get a certain insight but you hope that it won't happen - but it does. If you want disturbing, this is it!
on 16 April 2014
I choose this because I have read most of Mariani's books, but I was disappointed with a weak plot and rather rushed story.
on 11 November 2013
Excellent A very good read but not before going to bed. Any more in the future. A lot of difference from Ben Hope
on 14 November 2013
Having read every Scott Mariani book to date it was with complete surprise that I stumbled across this his latest. A complete change of direction this one but every bit as good as all the previous books. No action heroes or vampires just the unknown. I would recommend this to any Mariani fan or for that matter any fan of the supernatural. However don't read it alone if you live in an old creaky house.
on 5 June 2014
This is a typical Mariani book with lots of twists and turns to keep you reading. He does a lot of research and although fictional, his books are also educational in some way. It has a strong storyline and good characterisation.
on 8 February 2014
Having read books by this author previously (The Doomsday Prophecy and The Mozart Conspiracy, to name two) I started reading expecting something along the same lines. How wrong I was. This short book had me gripped from the very beginning and once I started reading I just had to keep going. An excellent book, with loads of detail that kept me on the edge of my seat, and checking I was alone.

I'm going to read Bring Him Back now, hoping for the same enjoyment from that.
on 5 March 2014
I was somewhat disappointed that this story was so short and lacked the usual Mariani depth of writing. However, i almost had to stop myself from being so afraid to turn over each page. A gripping and terrifying story and i certainly couldn't put the book down. The story has also added to my paranoia about moving into a house where somebody has passed away or disappeared from. A must have book, but don't be alone when you are reading this story.
on 23 September 2013
This book was so addictive I just couldn't put it down. Scott Mariani has to write more chillers as really enjoyed it and am left wanting more.

I'm such a big fan of Scott's 'Ben Hope' series but he has surpassed himself with House of Malice and really hope there will be more books in the near future.

I highly recommend this book...but don't read it alone!!
on 22 September 2013
I was really looking forward to this supernatural novella having enjoyed the Vampire Federation books so much and I wasn't disappointed. Scott Mariani does scary so well!

A bestselling author who's gone missing, a spooky cottage in the middle of nowhere and more things that go bump in the night than you can shake a Kindle at - I was hooked from the beginning and couldn't wait to find out what happened to the heroine.

I feel there's definitely scope for more stories set at Summer Cottage and I can't wait to see what Scott does next.