Format: Paperback|Change

on 30 August 2012
The 'value of the book set' will depend on the 'need' of the individual, i.e. student, business manager, etc. However, this is a good collection of the key academic Harvard Business Reviews located in one source and is a good reference set.

As any modern student or professional will be aware of, most academic institutions provide internet access to databases (e.g. EBSCO, etc) that will hold the collection of essential reading for their courses/work - so there is no real driver for purchasing the books, with the exception that the key subject matter are conveniently located in one box set.

Based on the key essential readings co-located in a convenient box-set, I would recommend.
Each of these 6 books contains 10, in depth, articles coving the major topics of business and decision making. Together they form a sort of digest of what influential business thinkers and strategists are bringing to the corporate table. The content deals with large organisations and the issues of corporate life and the benefits of good management. Nevertheless, as a small business owner I feel that there is much to gain in reading and absorbing the advice and lessons they provide. Together, they provide a complete business course, guiding the reader towards better systems and organisation that can help you to manage a business in difficult times and, perhaps more importantly, provide insights into how to grow and gain competitive advantage. Combined with a few titles from the Harvard Business essentials, these book have set me to work and some of them have been influential to the extent of causing me to make changes and develop initiatives that have been on hold for some years. Few business books that I have read and I have many to refer to, have done this. These books and articles are not light reading, quite dense in some cases, but they are stimulating. They cost quite a lot, but second-hand are good value and for anyone serious about business a recommended read.
on 17 August 2014
Great starter kit. There's a few books I've picked up a few times, a few I didn't want to read originally but then discovered their use... Buy this, and complete the series based on your needs as you work through your career.
on 13 December 2012
I have so very much enjoyed owning this collection of books. To have them on my Kindle has been so very convenient and useful.

They are the perfect collection to own for anyone that has a interest in to the world of business, strategy, development and alike. Brilliantly curated essays that are easily digested. I have enjoyed revisiting essays to refresh myself - this is only made more fulfilling by having them on my kindle.

I will undoubtedly by purchasing the future releases - in fact i have pre-ordered them. And i shall be purchasing the boxset in hard-copy too.
on 28 April 2014
There is a lot of knowledge crammed into those books. Eaasy to carry around (single book) and read while in a cafe.
on 11 September 2014
excellent box set. delivered to me within 3 days ( pretty fast) :)
on 22 May 2015
If you to invest on yourself. That is the set you need to buy
on 20 May 2015
One of the best series I have had in my bookcase.
on 15 September 2013
The books got to me on time and met my expectations. I'd recommend it to anyone wanting knowledge of the topic area.
on 3 December 2015