on 4 December 2013
Good-looking case that doesn't add too much weight and is comfortable to hold. This camo version comes with protection for both camera lenses which is great. I'm a bit neurotic when it comes to being careful with expensive gadgets, especially mobile gadgets, and that is why I usually buy good protection for them. After buying this case (that came highly recommended), I no longer have to be neurotic about laying down my iPad. Highly recommended!

UPDATE 3/1/2014: I'm very disappointed in this case. Even though I bought this case that Gumdrop states is 'the most rugged, durable protection' for my iPad, I've cared for it better than most people care for their unprotected iPads: I've only used it indoors, I've never dropped it or hit it against something, after use I always place it inside a cushioned gadget storage box and I'm constantly making sure is dust- and smudge-free. Imagine my surprise when I recently noticed that the black plastic frame had cracked on its on just above the home button. I had taken the case off 3-5 times for cleaning purposes but I had been careful when doing so.

I contacted Amazon.co.uk. regarding this matter as I found it unacceptable that a relatively expensive 'most rugged, durable' case would break on its own within a year and half -- especially when it's been cared for with silk gloves, so to speak. While Amazon.co.uk has always been extremely good to me in these matters, they simply asked to contact Gumdrop on this matter. I have contacted Gumdrop (support at gumdropcases.com) two times in two weeks but they haven't replied.

I also have two minor issues with this case. Firstly, dust and other tiny particles of dirt get inside the case and stuck between the case and the black edges of the iPad. Unfortunately I found out about this the hard way as the dirt lodged between the case and the iPad had already made marks on edges of the rather expensive screen protector I was using. I guess the silver lining is that without the screen protector on, the marks could be on the screen itself. Secondly, while in my original review I liked the camera lens protectors that come with this military version of the case, I now have to disagree with myself. The camera lens protectors get dusty from both sides (again, because dust etc. get inside the case) and it's a pain cleaning them.

In conclusion, I'm afraid I cannot recommend this case for anyone. These Gumdrop cases came recommended and I paid more to get this military version with extra protection. Alas, all I got was a case that cracks on its own and that's design allows dust and other particles of dirt to get inside the case and damage the iPad's surface. I'm still hoping that Amazon or Gumdrop would treat me fairly on this matter but I'm beginning to lose hope...
on 16 July 2012
This lives on my New iPad all the time. Fits perfect and gives me the hope that should I drop it might survive. It does make the iPad quite a bit heavier, but for me the extra protection is worth it. I don't however use the front screen cover, tried it but i think it distracted from the pleasure in using the iPad touch screen. I just have one of the protective films on the screen.
on 6 April 2013
Very good case for protecting your Ipad.
Bought it for my daughter and it has saved her ipad2 a number of times, screen protector is a bit rubbish, but can easily be removed.
in fact i liked it so much i got one for my partners ipad3 as well.

H
on 5 April 2013
Extremely pleased with the case, just as I expected. I like the style and colour, The fitting is easy....just slips in. Protection is comprehensively assured whilst enabling easy access to every aperture/port. Very highly recommended.
on 5 October 2014
Great case. It has protected the ipad very well and ensured that it has survived being dropped on the floor, thrown on to the floor, spilled drinks and rain showers. Thank you Gumdrop.