Platform: Xbox 360|Edition: Normal|Change

on 29 June 2008
I bought this game on Friday and have completed today (Sunday) on medium. I'm playing it again now on hard and will again on expert. The other reviewers don't seem to have played the game. I like Aerosmith, I'm not a 'fan' but I like the band and have a few of their albums. I loved guitar hero 3 and that's my credetionals for this review. Now to the game...

The most stunning thing about this game is, unlike the previous guitar hero's, they seem to have modelled Steven Tyler's vocals for each individual song. So instead of the singer doing the same routines over and over, each song is different. This is what stands this guitar hero out from the previous. It's hillarious in parts and you'll be kicking yourelf when you mess up a guitar part because you've been too busy watching Tyler dancing round, or coming over to hang round your neck and scream into your mike.

To complete each concert you've got to play 2 songs first as the support band. This is the standard guitar hero set up, with new totty brought in to play bass. Some great tracks including Joan Jets, I hate myself for loving you. Once you've beaten these you unlock two Aerosmith songs and you become Joe Perry. Like they've done with Tyler, Perry has plenty of original moves for each song. Great fun watching him throwing himself around the stage as you pull off the licks.
The stage designs are brilliant and far out-do those on GH3 as they follow Aerosmith's career. The most awesome moment for me has to be the super bowl half time concert when you're playing Dream On as the audience are singing along and the camera switches to look across the sea of hands waving. If that doesn't fulfill any potential rock gods desire, nothing will.

Lets face it guitar hero is about having fun and enjoying your 15 minutes of virtual fame and this game delivers just that.
There's enough on here on here to give experienced GH fans a testing. The endless hammer ons at the end of Living On The Edge for examle give you a real sense of satisfaction if you can pull them all off and rack up over 200 perfect.

The game isn't as long as GH3 with only 41 songs to master to complete it. Once again though, if you buy new songs at the shop (vault) Tyler's singing them original. The first must purchase is Aerosmiths own Walk This Way. Tyler's performance is brilliant and hillarious as it's spot on to the way he's performed it on videos I've seen. And yes you also get the Run DMC version later as part of the set.

The cynical might think GH Aerosmith is just to tide us over until GH4 and if that is the case it will tide us over very nicely thank you. Personally I think the game stands on it's own and like Aerosmith themselves will stand as a bench mark for others to follow.

The fact this game isn't as long as GH3 nearly made me give it 4 stars, especially when you consider Aerosmith's back catalogue. When I first put it on I was gutted to realise you had the two support band songs to do (one of which is a cover) before you get to see Aerosmith hit the stage. But this variety just made it more exciting when Aerosmith came on and I really enjoyed the support songs and seeing Axel & the old charaters back on stage. I think it deserves 5 stars though for the sheer entertainment value and detail the makers of the game and Aerosmith themselves have put into it.

Now I only pray to the gods of rock for a GH Ozzy.
on 6 January 2012
As an Aerosmith fan, you can't ask for anymore.

If you want the song list, visit the Wikipedia page. I'm not going to pretend I'm a professional reviewer who works at IGN/ Gamespot. If you want a review, view theirs.

All I'm going to say is - if you're a fan of Aerosmith. It's worth getting. You get around 10 songs which influenced them as a band and all their best hits. It's colourful. There are interviews. The capture Aerosmith perfectly. It's as good as Guitar Hero gets. I recommend it to any Aerosmith fan. 5/5.
on 8 October 2010
Just for customers who are perhaps unaware, this game does not work with rock band guitars...it may say on the website that it does - but ive tried it with the original rockband strat - didnt work and with the mrore uptodate beatles gretsch guitar - and yet again it didnt work.
Its a shame as well as i was desperate to play the game as i like aerosmith! So unfortuanelty this was a real disappointment.
Guitar hero / Rock Band developers get your act sorted out.
If you play an XBOX360 game....then surely common sense is that an XBOX360 peripheral (no matter who makes it) should work with the game.
Real dissappointment, big let down.
on 23 February 2010
Great fun.. not as many tracks as I thought there would be though!!!! Would definately recommend for fun!!!
on 3 January 2011
Yet again, Guitar hero have produced another excellent game in the collection. There are tracks that span the entire career of Aerosmith from the time the band formed until the band that we know today. The only negative with the game is that you cannot use the microphone with the game, so this is only for the Guitar!
on 5 October 2010
A little different to other Guitar Hero games, follows Aerosmith from nothing -> Rock God Fame !!
There are video clips of the Band telling you about the gigs and some history aswell as all the classic tracks to play... Different but the same feel.. if you like Aerosmith you will love this..
on 26 September 2008
well this is a fun game but there is only 40 songs
if your a gh and a aerosmith then you will love this but if you dont then i wouldnt recomend it to you
i got this for my birthday(tues) and i comleted it the next day on xpert (i play ghIII to)
If your an Achievement whore like me then then this game because this game is SO EASY!!!! for them i got 500 gm in one day and i can get more now but the songs are quite boring

i didnt really want to get this game really but i got it for my birthday so i couldnt say i didnt want it so i just smiled and took it and im so glad i did
on 24 January 2013
would recomend this game to anybody excellent quility arrived long before expected date kids playing it all the time getting really good
on 3 July 2008
I think this game is really good and i am not a big fan of Aerosmith. The good thing about having it on a next gen console especially xbox 360 is that the graphics are miles better than they are on the non-HD resolution consoles. Also on xbox 360 you can go onto the marketplace and buy new songs. Overall i think this is one of my favourite games and is a good filler inbetween gh3 and gh world tour.
on 20 September 2013
I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys guitar hero or even Aerosmiths music, such fun to play as an Aerosmith fan!