on 15 March 2014
I lost my husband, aged 40 to cancer two years ago. He was the love of my life and my soulmate. I had to watch him suffer and slowly die, the pain has been unbearable. It makes you question everything about life...how cruel it can be, and it makes you wonder what comes next. This book was a great comfort to me, it's not trying to influence those who are vulnerable, it's simply an honestly written, easy to understand view of life after death. I cried buckets whilst reading it and had to keep putting it down and going back to it but by the end i felt a kind of inner peace and far less angry with the world. I'm also less afraid of dying myself. Give it a go.
on 26 July 2010
I read this book after losing my brother recently and found it immensely comforting. This is a sensitive, intelligent, well written book, and regardless of my being something of a skeptic, I found the content both transporting and enlightening. I bought copies for my sisters who both loved it, and my mother has kept her own copy by her bedside in the past few months, referring to it as her 'lifeline'. Life-changing, life-enhancing stuff. Highly recommended.
on 5 August 2010
Whew! What a wonderfully comprehendable and exciting read this book is. I will keep it forever to dip in and out of. How reassuring, comforting and exciting. This book makes perfect sense to me. Everyone should read this book and make up their own minds but read it they must. It is truly one of those books that is life changing in a most positive way....a real gem of a book. Thank you Paddy.
on 5 July 2010
Thank you Paddy for yet another wonderful book and thank you again to Margaret Anna for sharing her role in helping people into the Spirit Realm.
Paddy's books are very informative, everything we ever need to know about Spirituality.

Yours in Love, light and Healing,

Catherine Campbell
on 24 July 2011
It was a delight reading this book. Paddy's writing is engaging and answers a lot of questions people may ask about life after death. Death is such a taboo subject and is often viewed with fear. It helps to remove such fear and explains that death is not the end but the start of another journey in the spiritual world. He even talks about pets and their passing over. I was so impressed I bought a copy for a friend. It would be a great comfort for someone who had recently lost a loved one or a person with a terminal illness. Paddy has a very gentle Irish wit and his humility shines through in this book. I felt quite emotional when he talked about his own son who died from cancer; but this book offers so much hope and positiveness, I would strongly recommend it to others.
on 29 August 2010
Perfect holiday reading for me; gentle, deep and humorous too. I like Paddy's simple language and humble approach. Like his other books, he explains a difficult subject so that we can understand it more easily. I just love the way fear and worry disolve throughout the book. I have a list of people I want to share the book with.
on 26 July 2010
I discovered two things after reading this book: To move forward in life, you don't need to suffer; and a book that helps the self doesn't have to dole out orders! "There Are No Goodbyes," is a gentle guide to bringing joy into your life. It's a fascinating insight into the spirit world around us and how it can help us if we just ask. Isn't it great to be told that far from being an endurance test, a meaningful life can be fun! And the author's communication with spirit guides shows, even ghosts have a sense of humor. So why shouldn't we?
on 8 July 2010
A splendid read. A subject of mystery and even taboo drawn gently and consistently into the light in a lovingly presented work which rang true for me over and again. Paddy's personal experiences and particularly in connection with his son show a great and gentle mind willing to share life's most difficult lessons to lead the way for others.
on 28 December 2013
Although this book was enjoyable to read and was touching in parts - mainly the part where the writer speaks of the loss of his own son - it seemed quite drawn out and i found myself being a little bored at times. One part i did particularly like was later stages of the book when it went onto the subject of reincarnation, and the reasoning behind why people are born disabled or disadvantaged. There was lots of historical references, too much background info for my liking, and to me, it seemed that the prospect of "graduating" to the spirit word was reliant on having a "faith" or following a religion - something myself and my family don't really have. I was a quite disappointed with the book if i'm honest, i had high hopes and eagerly awaited it's arrival, but it didn't really help with my loss of my Dad, 8 weeks ago. If you like to read about contact through a medium, the techniques involved, and are interested in someone's own interpretation of the afterlife through this channel rather than focus on actual accounts of NDEs then this book will appeal to you, otherwise i would highly recommend "Life after life" by R.Moody.
on 13 July 2010
A friend of mine sent me copy of There Are No Goodbyes over from Ireland. I have to say its the most uplifting book I have ever read. I have read all of Paddy's books and really enjoyed them, but this is in a class of its own. The raw honesty of the man when he talks about Brian his sons illness and subsequent death is really moving ( one of those situations where you laugh and cry at the same time } I would recommend it to anyone wondering if there is existence after our body dies or not and, even if they are not.

Jim Murphy