From the Back Cover
'A simply brilliant guide for anyone who wants to know how to do great business coaching.'
Professor Carol Kauffman, Director of the Institute of Coaching, Harvard University
'A comprehensive and commercial guide ... A must-have reference for any business coach.'
Alastair Mitchell, COO (UK) Linklaters LLP
'Read this book! It will grab you, and delight you, and enlighten you, and inspire you, and, yes, guide you wisely and well.'
Nancy Kline, Time to Think
The Financial Times Guide to Business Coaching is the definitive introduction to the art and craft of successful business coaching. At its best, business coaching delivers a product that works and is addictively powerful. So what do you need to do to be a world-class business coach? Anne Scoular guides you through everything you need to know, from finding out if youve got what it takes, through the basic tools and models that really work, to the more advanced techniques that will help you get to the top of the coaching world.
Based on a tried and trusted process developed specifically for senior business leaders, and used by many of Europes leading business coaches, CEOs, executive and consultants, this book will help you:
- Work out if youve got what it takes to be an effective business coach
- Develop a deeper understanding of what coaching is and what it does
- Build powerful listening skills
- Get to grips with the most useful and up-to-the minute coaching tools and techniques
- Decide where your personal boundaries lie
- Assess the most appropriate questions to use with each individual client
- Calculate if and crucially, how you can make a living as a business coach
- Decide if, how and when to apply for accreditation as a coach
About the Author
Anne Scoular began her career as a diplomat, before becoming an international banker and then retraining as an organisational psychologist and business coach. She co-founded Meyler Campbell, which trains senior business people to coach. Anne has served on advisory and accreditation panels for many major global organisations in coaching and has taught workshops on the subject for the Sloan Programme, the most senior programme at London Business School.