- Paperback: 240 pages
- Publisher: New Society Publishers (4 Jan. 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0865715831
- ISBN-13: 978-0865715837
- Product Dimensions: 19 x 1.5 x 22.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 911,451 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Guerrilla Gardening: A Manualfesto Paperback – 4 Jan 2007
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
More About the Author
About the Author
David Tracey owns and operates EcoUrbanist, an environmental media+design company in Vancouver, and serves as Executive Director of Tree City Canada, a non-profit ecological engagement group. Also an international journalist, he is a consulting arborist certified by the International Society of Arboriculture, and holds a Master's degree in Landscape Architecture from the University of British Columbia.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I've got a few 'projects' in mind and come the nicer weather I hope to get up to some dastardly plant based deeds in the near future.
A really funny book, made reading it a fun experience. You can read cover to cover or use it as a manual as it's filled with a load of great advice and tips. All presented in a very novice friendly manner. Even a complete scrub like myself has come out the end of this book feeling confident enough to throw on a pair of gloves, grab my shovel and get going.
Brilliant read. :)
Tracey places guerilla gardening into a historical context, from Adam and Eve (whatever became of the seeds of that forbidden fruit???), and the potato planting nomads of North West India over 1000 years ago, through to the (probably mythical) early American travelling tree planter Johnny Appleseed, the Yippies and Green Guerillas of 1970s urban USA, right up to the "Resistance Is Fertile" Direct Activists of May Day 2000 in Parliament Square and beyond. Strangely overlooked however are Gerard Winstanley and the Diggers, who in 1649 came to work the land in common at St Georges Hill in Surrey before being brutally suppressed by the local gentry. California Governor Ronald Reagun's forcible eviction of the Berkeley People's Park in 1969, during which a bystander was killed and hundreds more injured when police opened fire on demonstrators, shows that when it comes to land access for the people, the attitudes of the Men of Property have not changed a great deal over the centuries...Read more ›
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The weak point of this book is the lack of color photographs and illustrations. I know that guerrilla gardening is pretty straight forward, but inclusion of pictures can really help get the juices flowing.
I really do appreciate the content, but a good Editor would have left much of this text on the cutting room floor.
I gave him three stars cause the info, pics, and ideas were interesting- but again he totally bought in to politics on the left and even if I'm not with either the left or right- I am about sick of politics- the last place I want to read about Mr. monster House/private plane/ climategatioligist, Cap and Trade -con man- payable to the world IMF bank, Al Gore is my pleasure reading. Pe'shaw.
that being said the rest of the book that I could read after that was ok. (and no I don't support Bush or Obama. I am only interested in personal freedoms!)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Home & Garden > Gardening > Garden Styles > Urban Gardens
- Books > Home & Garden > Interior Design & Decoration
- Books > Science & Nature > Environment & Ecology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Environment
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Sociology > Family & Social Groups
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Urban & Rural Planning
- Books > Travel & Holiday