on 30 September 2010
I read these to my daughter and we both enjoyed them. They are well written and the main characters are well drawn and likable. I have to say they go on a bit, I probably noticed that more than my daughter did. The 4 little owls get into, and out of, lots of scrapes and there is a lot of morality and good v evil going on. Great books
on 2 February 2009
I purchased the books for my daughters who have both read the first two and have truely loved them. I also read them all myself and could hardly put them down.
on 23 June 2011
Now, i'll be honest, i'm not a big reader, i've tried to make my way through books in the past and haven't really enjoyed them. (I have been told that I choose the wrong books to read, but i've tried most things from novels to comics to manga).

I was slightly skeptical when I bought these books after what i've read in the past (I decided to buy these after seeing the film), however having read through the first two I couldn't have been more surprised. These books have well fleshed out characters, many different gripping moments, a plot with a deep message behind it and some evil owls that the Guardians are sworn to fight against.

The book is well written and brings you right into the story. The first book takes time introducing the characters and developing the plot with some intriguing moments that make you think and the first part of the Owl's journey together. The Second book then leaves the darker side of the story behind for a while and creates great humour, as well as bringing the characters closer and exploring different ideas in the book's world and plot more deeply (a lot of ideas in the film are also in the books, however in the books everything seems to be explained better and everything fits).

I won't give away any of the plot, and even if you've seen the film the books will still keep you guessing and the film certainly does not ruin the story of the books, even though the story is similar overall.

I would recommend these books for people of any age. Kids should enjoy these, as well as teens and parents. I'm in my late teens and I can't wait to start reading the 3rd installment.
on 30 December 2010
I got this as a christmas present to yself and i'm really happy. The plots may seem a bit short but the characters are well developed. A must buy!!!!!!!
on 12 March 2013
Purchased for my grandsons ages 9 and 8. They saw the movie and immediately asked for the books series to read. My daughter said the books are entertaining for the boys and she has enjoyed listening to the stories as well. Great adventure books to keep the boys reading and enjoying the books. Makes this grandmother happy to buy
on 11 July 2013
Watership Down for owls. Choosy reader has enjoyed and is awaiting books 5 and 6. And I'm enjoying reading them too. |Good characters, well witten
on 10 October 2011
I bought these books for myself (24 year old male), i must admit at first i was unsure as they are classed as kids books but in my opinion i would say they are suitable for anyone. I decided to read these after watching the film which i thought was great but the books so far are much better, the characters i feel are stronger and more rounded and the story seems to flow more freely with more detail. highly recommended.
on 9 September 2011
I wached the moive and loved it, after my daughter said you could get the books I leaped at the chance. The books cover a much more indepth insight into the world of Ga'hoole than the moive and my not suit everyone as the story is much more complicated than the moive line. But for anyone who loves animals or reading it's a fabulous tale. Can't wait to get the rest of the books!
on 4 May 2011
I could not put it down, it took me 2 days to read the set, which I have now passed on to a friend.I want to know more so I've ordered the rest of the 15 books and the DVD, I want to read the books before I watch the DVD.
on 12 February 2012
I've bought this item and it was delivered within the estimated delivery date. The books are a bit smaller in size than I thought, but it doesn't matter. I got it and everything went fine.