Growing Roses, Everything You Need to Know and More
is the perfect choice for the novice rose growerIt provides step-by-step instructions for every phase of the rose-growing process
- from choosing the right roses, to planting the roses, and finally - how to care for your roses over time. Paying attention to each step will ensure a successful experience and help you grow magnificent roses in your yard for years to come.Contents Include:
- Types of roses and how to choose the right roses
- When to plant roses
- How to plant roses
- How to water, fertilize and prune roses
- Common diseases of rose plants and how to prevent them
- Caring for your roses
- Growing roses organically
- And much more . . .
This is a book that you will want to keep handy for quick reference to answer questions about growing roses and their care and keeping.
About the Author
My mother blessed me with a great passion for nature, particularly flowers. We lived in Southern Arizona with intensely hot summers and no sprinkler system, yet my mother was determined to have flowers around us. Rather than a flower garden, she choose to grow her flowers in pots, particularly the hardy geranium, which she gently cared for day-after-day. Under her care, they flourished. As a young married woman living in California, a more temperate climate, I began to surround my own home with flowers - agapanthus, impatiens, primroses, bougainvillea, sweet alyssum, etc. Digging in the dirt and watching the flowers bloom gave me a special kind of pleasure. Even though I loved roses, I always thought they would be far too difficult to grow, so I never tried. Finally a few years ago, I took the plunge and have never looked back. My yard is now filled with roses. My first book, Growing Roses, Everything You Need to Know, and More . . . is my way of sharing with you what I learned from my experience. The main lesson is, that growing roses is not difficult. I hope that you will give yourself the gift of a rose garden, which can be nothing more than a single bush that will give you pleasure day-after-day, as my mother's potted plants gave her.