Size: 3 UK|Colour: Green|Change

on 5 May 2012
Maybe our recent filthy weather is to blame, but none of our local stores seemed to have a good range of wellies for sale, so I gambled on a pair from Amazon instead...

After owning them for ten days, though not wearing them every day, I stood in a puddle to fetch a ball my dog had dropped. I soon realised one of the boots was leaking and ended up with a soggy sock. Not nice. Checking back home I found that the heel had worn away enough to create a hole. The heel appears to be hollow, and water coming in through that hole had got into the interior.

EDIT: Three weeks later the replacements leaked again, for the same reason. These are now officially the crappest wellingtons I have ever owned when it comes to keeping water out, and after all, that is their primary purpose.

Perhaps it's because I do a lot of walking on tarmac, but next time I will go for one with a solid heel, not a hollow one. I cannot recommend these to anyone.
0Comment|118 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 February 2013
The boots are good looking and almost have a high polished sheen, however, after 2 weeks the soles started to crack and let in water. They are now in the bin
on 5 December 2014
I needed to buy a pair of wellies for my husband and these looked perfect. Despite a couple of negative reviews I thought I'd give them a go because they look nice and are reasonably priced. Unfortunately when they were delivered today I opened up the box to find dirty damaged wellies! Despite being in a closed plastic bag they were covered with dirt/dust and had marks all over them where the black has come off!
I've ordered a replacement and I'm returning these. Let's hope my replacement wellies turn up in a better condition because I'm really disappointed with Amazon for sending such a poor condition and obviously damaged item to me.
review image review image
on 17 February 2013
The HEALS on these boots are leaking. I have had them since the 4th. January this year. Can they be replaced. PLEASE
on 18 February 2011
Good fit,comfortable wellies. Well priced and good value for money.

Standing up to my dog walking in the woods and fields well so far.
on 14 March 2011
One of the Boots is misshapen at the toe, and both the innersoles were not attatched and rucked up after the first wearing. The Boots are so poorly made, that I would not recomend them.
on 14 February 2011
I wanted to buy myself a really good pair of wellies and the Grisport seemed to tick all the boxes. When they arrived they looked really great - robust and thick with a great sole. However, looks can be deceiving. When I pulled them on and walked around in them for a few moments I realised that they were too wobbly and bendy around the leg area. Every time I took a step the boot bent in an awkward manner around my leg so that I felt it pushing into my leg. It's hard to describe, but the overall sensation was one of flopping around. Since I wear wellies every day (one of the joys of being a dog owner) I knew that this was not the way a wellie was supposed to fit or feel and I also knew that I wouldn't be able to walk around in them without discomfort and annoyance, so I had to send them back. I think the problem lies with the fact the material that these wellies are made from is too soft. Something stiffer is required around the leg area to prevent the buckling and bending. Disappointing really because they really did look gorgeous. I'm afraid I'll have to stick to the £10 model from B&Q!
44 comments|43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 November 2014
I purchased these wellingtons to wear when I do my mile-long "morning constitutional", which terminates at the newsagent's where I buy my daily newspaper. The walk involves a variety of terrains, from the often muddy track of two old waggonways to the hard pavement at the side of two busy roads. The route traverses woodland, open fields and a small brook, so there is ample opportunity for detours into other hard and soft areas if I spot interesting flora or fauna. So far the boots have met all my expectations, standing up well to these challenges underfoot.

When the Grisports arrived after a day's wait, I was immediately delighted with them. Most important of all, they accommodated my size 11 feet perfectly, neither too tight nor too loose, a snug fit. The rubber surface on the outside of the boots was immaculate, while the lining on the inside was soft and warm. The calf width was sufficiently generous, which hasn't always been the case in the past with the narrower legs of Hunter or Barbour wellingtons. When I tried walking in them, the Grisport wellingtons provided the appropriate flex and support to my feet and legs, so I almost forgot I was wearing them, more particularly because the boots are light in weight and don't fatigue the wearer during long walks.

They are attractive to the eye in terms of colour, in my case matt black, and in terms of shape, which is classic and understated. I particularly liked the leg label on the front with its white logo contrasting with its black background. The only thing I disliked about the footwear was the side straps, which appeared to be bent out of shape and constructed from much lower-quality rubber than the remainder of the boots: either omit this feature altogether or use a better strap and buckle worthier of the rest of the footwear.

When I returned from my walk I found the Grisports very easy to take off, unlike some wellington boots. They were also very easy to clean under the tap, especially the soles, which do not come with deep treads where hard-to-remove small stones can lodge. After washing, the rubber surface dried rapidly, ready for re-use.

Adult males have a relatively poor choice nowadays when it comes to wellington boots, particularly in supermarkets, where women are offered a variety of rubber boots in different colours and heights, while men are generally fobbed off with unattractive, uncomfortable and downmarket PVC footwear. Some women's rubber wellingtons, particularly those in solid colours or two-tone, the latter with lighter-coloured top bindings and foxing strips contrasting with darker-coloured legs, feet and soles, would also be suitable for adult males if only they were available in sizes at least up to UK 12. Although I am satisfied with the sober black of my Grisport wellingtons, I would also have liked on addition to the solid dark green alternative version to be offered a men's or unisex two-tone pair in black with contrasting top bindings and foxing strips in light grey, similar to Hunter's Bullseye farming boots, but in thinner, softer rubber.

I have not worn my Grisports long enough to determine how well they stand up to protracted use on the terrain I have described. I have read the adverse comments about splits, but I have not experienced anything like this so far. These boots are not designed for heavy agricultural or gardening use and I do not intend wearing them for that purpose.
on 22 February 2014
What wonderful quality for such a price, some wellies cost a fortune but considering their use can't see the point in paying so much. These are very good quality for the price, would highly recommend!
on 5 March 2014
Do a lot of dog walking across fields and found these to be the most comfiest Wellington boots that I have ever bought also they were very reasonably priced.