on 13 October 2013
After buying a cheap pice of crap that I had to send back as it broke in the un boxing procedure, this felt like a good buy and when it arrived... Well... I was right...

The build quality is excellent. It looks and feels like a top quality product and I've been using it on a daily basis for some time now and never had any issues with it. Frankly I don't expect to ever have an issue with it...

Buy with confidence as you will not regret.
on 23 February 2014
Does exactly what it's supposed to do, reaching comfortably from the power socket near the gear stick of my VW Tiguan to the phone mount at the top of the dashboard. Very little protrudes from the socket, which is just what I wanted as I didn't want to put up with a long charger stuck out and getting in the way. It's very secure in the socket, I've had no sign of it trying to wiggle its way out.

But why have such a bright light? It is such a distraction, particularly so in the dark. We also have an older version of this with the old 30-pin Apple connector and the light level of that is much lower. I didn't want to have to send back an otherwise perfect for my needs device, so I've overcome the problem with a circle of black electrical tape over the exposed end, which dulls the light to a very low level and is hardly noticeable. Deal with that Griffin and you'd have had 5 stars!
on 19 May 2014
This is a great charger, well built a little more money than most but by the time you have bought 3-4 cheap ones which always go wrong, you really should buy this one!
on 21 February 2014
This is a good well-built car charger that works perfectly. However, do measure the length of cable that you need as the coil structure is strong (it will try to spring back) and it may not be long enough to comfortably connect to your phone.
on 13 January 2015
I was fed up of buying cheap unofficial Apple car chargers and USB cables from ebay that didn't work properly or charge my phone at a speed which made it worth plugging it in, that made me decide to buy this one, and it's great. I knew griffin made some top quality iphone accessories, and I was thinking of getting one of these for a while and I'm glad I finally did. It's elegant, sleek and fits into the 12v power outlet of the car tight and snug and feels like a quality product. It's a bit more expensive than the cheap rubbish you find on ebay to say it's just a charger, but it's definitely worth the extra money. It charges the phone very quickly so even on short journeys just over a few miles, you will benefit from plugging your phone in. The only slight niggle with it is the cable coil design which is quite tight and springy, could do with being less taut or even a normal cable as it can cause tension between your device and the power outlet depending on the distance the power outlet is from where your device is. Overall great product and worth what it costs, 5 stars from me.
on 26 August 2014
The lightning connector was faulty, it kept stopping charging, had to wiggle it about to reconnect all the time.
I returned the item and was refunded no problem.
Having said that, I was probably just unlucky to get a faulty one as overall it felt like a good quality item.
The connector into the power socket felt nice and sturdy and the coil lead was quite heavy duty.
on 24 September 2014
I bought two a few months back. One didn't work, so I returned it. I just got around to ordering another.

The first one was Powerjolt SE Lightening, 2013, Model MOD-36547 output 2.1amps
The second replacement was Powerjolt SE, 2010, P2054, output 2.1amps

The 2010 edition seem to have very stiff metal contact strips on the edge of the device. initially my wide said it did not fit. By manually pushing the contacts in and out a few times I was able to get the device into the car lighter socket. Other than this, the dimensions compared to the 2013 edition seems exactly the same, except the contacts push in and out much more easily.

This replaced a Belkin version that split apart after about a year at the lightening connector.
So far, I have found that these work very well with the iPhone 5, 5s and now 6. Having the lead in a coil is also very handy.
on 19 February 2014
Bought this charger and it doesn't actually work! I've tried it in numerous different cars and still no luck. I threw away the packaging so can't do anything about it now which is my own fault. However it should really have worked in the first place! What a waste of money.
on 30 August 2013
Unfortunately I paid £18 for this from AVA here and Amazon doing it for £12.50 inc delivery now.

Perfect fit in the lighter port of my Ford Focus (2010 RS MK2) not too loose and not too tight. The cable length is fairly short and as others haven't commented the cable thickness and coil tightness are quite strong. Therefore only for use on your centre dash or near the centre arm rest i.e. wouldn't stretch to a windscreen mount or to the right of your steering wheel.

I have a 15min commute. My iPhone5 was on 62% when I left and 79% when I arrived at work. Which makes it the same charging speed as a mains charger. Not sure how good when running TomTom or other SatNav app on my phone but as long as its not losing charge during that process I will be happy.
on 4 January 2015
Works fine with an iPhone 6 with no messages saying "incompatible" or the such like. Well made and solid like all Griffin kit. Would definately recommend it as a reliable and robust car lighning charger.