on 15 January 2012
This is the first time I've used this brand and product and am very pleased. I'm sensitive (potentially alergic) to chemical sun blocks so always on the lookout for a good mineral block which isn't factor 50... I have tanned skin so don't have to be as cautious as those with fair skin.

I used this sun block in 30-degree heat for a week and didn't suffer from any burning or irritation when I took precautions around not sitting directly in the sun for too long and religiously using after-sun at the end of the day. However, when I did sit out in the sun for longer, I did feel some heat irritation - if you like to sit in the scorching heat all day, perhaps a higher factor would be better for you.

It's smooth and easy to apply, it's non-greasy and doesn't hang on the skin like other mineral blocks can. Best of all, it's completely scent-free which makes it far more pleasant (and was the reason I bought this one). It's also suitable for vegetarians, which is brilliant as I'm vegetarian (no, we don't eat it, it's just what it's made from and the process used to make it).

I recommend this product to those that aren't hyper-sensitive to sunlight/UV/chemical blocks.
on 3 August 2012
This is superb protection from the sun without dangerous chemicals. I'd definitely recommend this range of sun cream. The price on Amazon is quite a bit lower than high street prices and delivery was very quick.

A minor point is that this particular product, unscented SPF25 does not rub into the skin quite as effortlessly as the SPF15 tan accelerator. It's not a big deal because I haven't burnt whilst using either product (with fair skin).
on 8 March 2014
I've just received this product. The texture is a good consistency and rubs in well, it has a faint pleasant scent that doesn't linger and is just simply natural. I did the "near the eyes" test, and it doesn't react at all - I'm happy! I usually react badly to sun creams/lotions/ blocks. Normally my eyes smart and sting so much (even if the lotion is anywhere on my face) that I have to wash the product off, but this is marvellous. I'm over the moon and pending the efficacy of the actual sun protection, I doubt I'll use anything else again instead. I'm off to Egypt next week to test it and I will update this review on my return, but I am confident! Something to bear in mind is that this product does not contain any propyls/ alcohol (please read 'green people's' website for info on this)/ PABA or petrochemicals or other toxic ingredients. I've done my research and this is one of the few item's available in the U.K that I'll consider using for sun protection.

It's worth looking into what we're putting onto (and in) our bodies. Look up sun cream ingredients and you'll be shocked. The effective ingredients in a sunblock are zinc or titanium dioxide, the majority of other ingredients are superfluous. And if you're not using a sunblock then you're using a sun cream which employs a lot of extremely (dangerous) bad chemicals to absorb UV rays rather than reflect rays. So, the simpler the better. At least 'Green People' can explain their ingredients and what they are used for. It may not be 100% organic but it's kinder rather than harmful to your body and you can build a slower, healthier and natural tan without as much risk as the alternatives, if that's what you want to do. Stay healthy and happy people! So far, so very good. Update to follow.

...Update! I just came back and I'm happy to report that I wasn't burnt and after one week I have a light tan (it takes a while for me to get colour). I went slightly pink in strap areas I didn't cover properly but I was also snorkelling in the sea in scorching heat and I hadn't reapplied. Later on the small area of pink colour calmed to a nice light tan and overall I was very well protected. Other people were really red as the sun was very strong, they were slapping on oil and I used this Green People natural protection. I still got freckles and brown sun spots on my face but, I think that's just me and my skin has changed as I've got older. I know that if I hadn't used this (used GP 25 on my face everyday) I would have been completely fried! Great stuff - will buy again.
on 30 September 2011
This product is fantastic. Used in hot hot Greece and no one burnt. It's non greasy, doesn't smell of nasty chemicals and really works! Will definitely buy this sunscreen again.
on 29 July 2010
We really like this sunlotion. I apply the sun lotion on my daughter at noon, before she returns to school. After school she goes to the outdoor swimming pool and stays there for about 2 hours. She doesn't reapply as told most of the times. But she returns home without being burned. And her skin is smooth and soft after all that use of the sun lotion.(lots of hot weather and swimming at this moment)
The sunlotion is easy to apply and doesn't feel greasy or sticky afterwards. Highly recommended organic sunlotion (we have no allergies btw).
on 20 February 2011
This product, and the factor 15, tested and used ten days on the trot on winter white skin abroad in the sun - no burn. 15 for me and 25 for my fairer skinned partner. I have a a personal theory that the chemicals in high factor sunscreens (benzenes etc) may actually ciontribute to skin cancer. I have tried many so called chemical nasty-free products and this is the first that actually works. And doesn't feel like sticky slime on your skin. And doesn't stink. And doesn't turn your skin gothic white. And will stand a dip in the sea. It is absolutely first class. Used it all last summer in the Uk and now passed the 'abroad' test. Put it on carefully, smoothing it on, before you get your ebach kit on. Let it bond for half an hour then hit the outdoors. We were out all day - pretty much every day, including swimming in the sea. Besensible of course, you need to reapply and do a bit of sensible covering up - but this is every bit as good as the chemical containing branded sunscreens and my partner says it is better. He burns easily and didn't burn at all with the factor 25. I also have some skin allergies and had no reactions to either product. There is also a factor 22.
on 19 August 2015
Prospective buyers should be aware that this product contains nano-particles. Whilst the company replied to my letter expressing concerns about this, claiming that they are of a type that has a special kind of chemical 'covering' so that they are not absorbed, I feel that in the body, a child's body, say, these particles could hang around for years and years and eventually whatever type of protective 'cover' they have could well wear off.. It isn't known yet exactly what effect nanoparticles can have on the body, as, being so tiny, they are likely to migrate to different organs. And even if they are not absorbed into the body.. wouldn't the nano particles end up, once excreted, in watercourses and the sea? There is already evidence that some 'nano' products are causing harm to marine life. Surely, when there are many other good sunscreens on the market, it is better to choose something else.
on 24 September 2013
Its a great product, except it is too thick. You can apply it, but it takes some working in. Please make it thinner and then it will be perfect :)
on 20 April 2014
Excellent product. Even used this on my face occasionally and it was not too harsh for my sensitive skin. I've found a suncream for life.
on 14 August 2015
I suffer really badly with prickly heat so was reccomended this product. It's like lard when you put it on but it does the trick. Spent two weeks in Antigua this June and had a prickle free holiday. You'll have to reapply after swimming but other than that, its a good product. It doesn't smell either.