Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop Clothing clo_fly_aw15_NA_shoes Shop All Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop Fire HD 6 Shop Kindle Paperwhite Shop now Shop Now Shop now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 15 Mar 2013 11:31:18 GMT
blobfish says:
Did they discontinue the greek subs? They were included in the season 1 DVD.
What the hell... :(

Posted on 16 Mar 2013 23:03:58 GMT
Last edited by the author on 16 Mar 2013 23:04:36 GMT
P. Nikiforos says:
i agree.... the spanish and the french dvd boxes do not have Greek subtitles. hope the italian and the german release have Greek subtitles.
for example: ''TREME Season 2'' uk version do not contain (not entairly sure) but the spain release has. ''VAMPIRE DIARIES Season 3'' spanish nad french release do not have but HOPEFULLY the German version contains Greek subtitles.
we must check. this sucks!

Posted on 14 Oct 2013 21:30:32 BDT
Heavy Reader says:
I wonder if it has anything to do with a certain greek distributor importing dvds and reselling them under its own label (in effect claiming copyright for greece).

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Oct 2013 12:39:45 BDT
Last edited by the author on 15 Oct 2013 12:41:18 BDT
P. Nikiforos says:
is this true? there a lot of peculiar things that are happening in Greece! for instance conserning the first season on American Horror Story. i found out that this release is a Polish one that contains Greek subs. what is happening with the Strike Back season 2? french, german and australlian releases contain Greek subs but no distribution here. Treme season 2 (french and spain box), Vampire Diaries season 3 (german box) and Boardwalk empire season 2 (uk and EU boxes) contain Greek subs but no distribution here. i do not have to mention the prices here. very high prices!

Posted on 17 Oct 2013 06:04:00 BDT
Heavy Reader says:
Not entirely sure, but the lack of greek subtitles means that the producer will probably demand a contract to license. There is an effort lately to divide Europe to subregions, with Greece falling in with eastern europe, so if the dvd's were or are to be licensed for eastern europe, or even specifically for Greece, western europe dvds will have no greek subtitles.
(Greek companies are either unwilling to pay or don't really care, and some have been known to release without permission, so who knows what's going on in corporate heads... btw, the 1st season dvd's for greece had greek lettering printed, so i guess they were not imported, but they were the same as the english release, down to the greek subtitles).

Posted on 17 Oct 2013 11:47:45 BDT
Last edited by the author on 17 Oct 2013 11:50:12 BDT
P. Nikiforos says:
thank you very much for the detailed information. you are very correct. there was 4 sites that i purchase the boxes of some series such as : amazon, play.com, hmv(now i cannot) and lovefilm (now only rental). the sad thing is that if the rest 2 sites no longer provide boxes of the series in Greek subs, i will have to try to look somewhere else which is very difficult. for istance, i have found australian site which provides region 2(pal) boxes with Greek subs but the shipping cost is higher than a european amazon.
concerning the greek lettering of the boxes, you are very correct. i have found out the discs are the same as the European with english menu inside. i mean that only the packaging has been changed. for instance, all the seasons of Big Love contains Greek subs. the distributor here only changed the outer box with Greek lettering but the disc inside are like the UK ones. the same has happend with Tudors. Season 1-2 the discs are the same as the UK ones, season 3 as the spain release and season 4 as italian release.
lately, something else happened with the seasons of Breking Bad 1-5. the season came to market place all at once with English lettering boxes and Greek subtitles here in Greece. well, thanks to Potuguese releases. you get the message.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  15 Mar 2013
Latest post:  17 Oct 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about