Format: Audio CD|Change

on 18 October 2005
This isn't really a review, more of a response to the views expressed by M A Kelley (see review further down). I just wanted to set the record straight, for anyone intending to buy this.
The tracks on this CD are probably re-mastered, but otherwise pretty much Identical to the original album tracks. (Detroit Rock City has had the annoying Car Crash Intro removed, but the actual song is the same). The Tracks he mentioned, Black Diamond and Deuce are Identical to the Original versions on 'KISS', so please do not be put off thinking that these are updated or altered. (Perhaps he is mistaking the album tracks for live versions)
As it stands, this album is a great intro to early KISS, with most of the more popular recognised songs. For a band with over 30 albums, you're never going to please everyone with your song choices, but at 20 tracks it's good value for money. I'm hoping that one day we'll see 'Greatest Hit's Vol 2', with more songs from the Carr, Kulick, Singer, etc. years.
on 8 December 2000
Having heard only limited amounts of Kiss before I was sceptical about a band that has had alot of mixed press. When listening to the album I was amazed to find it packed with good songs, some of them reaching into the "Great" area. Some famous and some not so famous all had that Stadium Rock feel that made me want to get out there and play the guitar very loudly.
on 12 November 2005
This is a very good greatest hits package, probably the best released to date because it recognises some of the bands more unusual hits, ie. Crazy Crazy Nights (the most underrated KISS tune). Essentially they're all here; Deuce, Detroit Rock City, I Was Made For Lovin' You, God Gave Rock... and Rock n Roll All Nite for instance, but you have to wonder why tracks such as Shout It Out Loud, Let Me Go Rock And Roll and Into The Void were left out, yet Plaster Caster, Hotter Than Hell and Sure Know Something were included.
As has been mentioned, I eagerly await a volume 2 in this series, as there's so much more story to tell. For now, though, definately buy this as its a great starting point.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 29 December 2008
god,not again,pretty much the uk version of greatest kiss,with uk hits lick it up and crazy night added,again no heavens on fire etc,released to cash in on the uk tour (sic),like greatest kiss this has some fantastic music but it still doesnt tell the whole story. Save your money buy a better complilation such as Kiss Gold or Kiss Ikons
on 19 September 2011
Right, I'm 17, so unbiased. This was my first experience of Kiss. I can now declare that this is now my 2nd favourite album and favourite band ( I recently bought Alive II ) this is a must buy for any Rocker like me who likes excitement from their music. There is so much energy in these songs!! Buy this and bring their music to the next generation. (god knows we badly need it!!) Alive II
on 11 January 2011
This album is simply epic! If everyone had a copy then the world would be a better place!

Rock & Roll All Nite & Party Every Day!
on 13 July 2004
I've followed Kiss since the 70s... and that's where most of the tracks on this album come from, with only two dating from later - "Crazy Crazy Nights" (from 87, and not their greatest moment) and "God Gave R&R" (from 92, a so-so cover from a Bill and Ted movie). There is nothing else from their excellent 80s and 90s back catalogue. This album doesn't even tell half of their story. It's fine as an introduction, I guess, with a few of their best songs included... but it only scratches the surface of a rich legacy.
on 19 May 2012
This is truely one of the best albums anyone can own. Sure, it doesn't have every song that Kiss ever did on there, but who can honestly say they want that??!! It has all their well known hits that you cant help but sing along to. This is truely an awesome album and I would HIGHLY recommend to everyone!!
on 18 August 2010
YOOOOOOOOO BRILLIANT - I had heard of Kiss of course but never really listened to there stuff then one day they were on TV in a doc, I thought they sounded good so bought CD to have a listen, I enjoyed every track, not as heavy as i had expected, overall i would say Melodic Rock very good
on 27 August 2015
Collection of songs is nice for fans which like rather KISS's melodic songs. There are several their hits there and othes ones are guite nice, too. For fans of Heavy Metals this CD is not good- it is too melodic.