Format: Audio CD|Change

on 18 July 2001
Clannad have brought out quite a few best of and greatest hits albums, but having listened to many of them I have to say that this album is the best one. This CD encompasses both the rock and folk aspects of the Irish band brilliantly, starting with the haunting Theme From Harry's Game, and ending with the soulful, upbeat Many Roads. The compilation contains a mixture of some of Clannad's well known hits, with those that are less known; including 4 tracks from the 80's drama Robin Of Sherwood. One track that I heavily recommend is Caislean Oir, which displays Clannad's majestic harmonising and ability to rely solely on their voices and not on instruments. I highly recommend this album for all those Clannad fans out there. Your collection is not complete without this album!
Regardless of the decade these songs were created in, they are TIMELESS. The entire blend is a wonderful one -- the instramentals are very well done, the vocals and harmony are enchanting & haunting at the same time. The music is both relaxing and/or invigorating as well -- depending on your mood. I enjoy this CD when driving, resting, or during my own artistic efforts. In fact, a creative person may find, as I have, that these melodies enhance the creative process. This music blends effortlessly with your life, enhancing it. The melodies make you want to sing with them. I can't recommend this CD highly enough. If you like etherial, Celtic/Irish music this CD is a must for your collection.
on 11 January 2003
First, I was an Enya fan, and through my love for her music, I became acquainted with Clannad. Need I say I'm happy with the acquaintance?
Much of Clannad's music has the haunting, ethereal sound I love. There's a fragility, and yet a strength here. The Celtic flavor is strong.
Maire Brennan's voice is the prominent feature in many of these cuts, but the instrumentation provides much of the enjoyment here. The use of the pipes, the harp, and other instruments sometimes blends and sometimes contrasts with Maire's voice, but the effect is good whichever.
Clannad combines several musical styles, but the Celtic and the New Age sounds are especially prominent. This is a good introduction album for those who are unfamiliar with the group, and a must for their fans.
on 23 April 2013
beautiful, haunting music which can be used to listen to or as background music with equal effectiveness. what's not to like?
on 30 January 2014
Clannad is always good and this one is no exception to the rule. Clannad provide a really good Celtic sound where every song is different to the last, creative and inspiring music
on 6 January 2012
Always enjoyed Clannad and this CD was purchased to replace an old worn-out tape. It was good to hear a clear improved recording again.
on 2 February 2014
always loved clannad, this greatest hits is my fav , love to chill out with this one, lm sure to buy more
on 14 October 2014
Oooo.... this is a fab CD, play it over and over, never get tiered of it.
on 21 November 2014
Bought as a Christmas gift. I'm sure my friend will love it
on 20 November 2014
Excellent compilation for an introduction to the band.