on 17 February 2004
I love this book. If you enjoying daydreaming about what amazing ways you can pamper yourself, this book is perfect for you! Getting through the winter doldrums is difficult - and using this guide to plan how to get yourself away is oh-so-much fun.
on 14 August 2003
I bought this book because I'm planning a spa holiday sometime next year and thought I'd get the lowdown on which spas are the best and why. Well, what a disappointment... I could have got more information off each spa's brochure. The way the writeups are writen, it doesnt even sound like the author's even been there. She proabably just visited the website. And I'm sure I've seen the photos in other books tooo. All up, this was a complete was of money. My advice? Save your money and get the brochures instead. At least they're free.
on 31 July 2003
I received this book as a gift because I'm known among my friends as a spa-lover, and I just wanted to share with people how amazing Great Spa Escapes is! The descriptions of treatments in incredible spas in the most stunning places in all the world is only part of the reason this is a must-have. The other reasons being the day-dream inspiring photographs, and also the most unique book cover I have ever seen. This makes a great gift - don't think twice!
on 26 September 2003
This book is beautiful and is an excellent resource for planning your spa holiday. The author gives great insight to what the spas offer, and explains details with such imagery that you just drift away. Great Spa Escapes does give you information about which spas are best at which treatments, but is just as good at adding romance to the idea of getting away. Isn't that half of the point in planning a holiday like this anyway? The author most definitely has visited all of these spas - and we all benefit from her expertise. The photos are awe-inspiring as well. This is a book well worth your money, and also is a great gift idea for friends. Enjoy.