on 20 January 2012
I brought this as it looked good, I was awear that it was self assembly however I was disapointed with how flimsy it was & to add insult the pre drilled hole for the door opening handle was too big & Im still trying to glue it in position so that I can use the bin.
The quality is poor & does not represent good value for money
on 25 June 2014
I didn't realise id ordered a flat packed item but i was able to put it.together easily enough in about 20-25 mins. The spice rack was pre-assembled but had a few marks and.scratches on it. I am happy with the overall result but i think the seller should attempt to make it clearer that the item is flat packed.
on 24 May 2011
hinges fitted uneven had to refix them . paper dots over screw holes very poor idea . when plastic gromets are so much better n not dear to buy. bad idea given price of item .
on 22 May 2013
Very pretty bread bin, was a little awkward in places to assemble but went well together.
Used it for a few months now and still works well, only a small issue and that's the size.
Can only get one sliced loaf and a few rolls in at once.
Me with my brown bread and him with his white was nearly war until I told him to use the top.
Very nice and I do like the 'balcony' around the top....
on 21 August 2013
Disappointed in this item as it is of poor quality. Paint missing from the grooves on the door and some of the holes wer not big enough. My hubby had to make more and make them the right size.
on 16 November 2014
The hinges were bent and the screws too small for the pre-drilled holes. It looks OK and serves its purpose, but I am a little disappointed.
on 4 September 2013
Didn't realise it was self assembly, my fault really. Quality wasn't great but I expect that for the money it wasn't too bad. I just didn't like it. I sent it back without any problems and the supplier was most helpful.
on 22 July 2011
if I'd had read the litle bit at the bottom, stating that this was self assembly, I would not have purhased it, I am 66 years old, and just had a stroke, and would have opted for a bread bin that was fully assembled, rather than have to struggle with this one, so for this reason I would not have bought it, although it look good in the kithen, I had to pay a local man to assemble it for me, as I couldn manage it on my own.
on 13 July 2013
It arrived on time, packaging was well done.
I had a job making it up, the screws in several places didn't match the holes and were hard to screw in, but I managed to get it together, although no as good as the picture.
I looks good or would look better if I could have done it right, but the colour is lovely and fits in with my scheme. I think it would take either 2 people if your not good at flat pack items.
on 30 January 2016
I love this bread bin. I use the section above as our spice rack and we can fit about 20 different spices up there. I think the one negative would be that it doesn't actually create a seal to keep the bread fresh but it acts more as a tidy compartment to keep the bread out of the way. The speed bread gets eaten in our house that doesn't really cause any problems but it is worth noting!