Format: Audio CD|Change

on 25 July 2011
What i suppose should have been clear to me (and probably would have been had I looked into it properly) is that this is a collection of short stories.
Some great little tales in here, some drab, dull little horrors too.
Mainly late 19th c. - early 20th c.
Some beautifully read, others unlisten-to-able.
The balance is just about on the side of buying it as it's not very expensive.
33 comments|56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 June 2013
These are some well chosen stories that are great for shortening a long journey. Nothing too heavy and something you can listen to again and not get bored. Good value for money and quick delivery too.
on 26 August 2013
Worth buying and listening to if you have a long car journey - which we did. A nice "taste" of many authors.
on 6 March 2013
I purchased this to listen to at night, but found the stories were told so well, that I couldn't get off to sleep! Excellent for listening to in the car.
on 31 October 2012
I haven't yet read all the stories on the cd, but it's just what I need when I'm feeling tired and can close my eyes and listen to the great classic stories!
on 5 September 2014
BRILLIANT KEEPS ONE ENTERTAINED FOR HOURS..AND YOU CAN GO BACK TO IT TIME AND TIME AGAIN HERBERTSA VORY
on 6 November 2013
Perfect for driving-short stories are a great way to pass the time-read so well by famous people and some were so funny too. Very nice old fashioned turn of phrase at times.
on 2 November 2015
Nice selection to dip into and read by celebs so I can play guess that voice too :)
on 19 March 2012
I ordered these to while away the time on a long car journey. Some of the stories are quite heavy but there is a good mix. I think there were 6 or 7 cds in all so a lot of hours worth of listening and certainly great value!
on 29 November 2015
Excellent story one of my favourite stories of DIcken's.pat