Customer Discussions > Grave of the Fireflies [DVD] forum

Grave of the Fireflies, The live action film, have you seen it?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 22 Oct 2009 19:32:24 BDT
"Has anyone seen the live action film, if so do you think its any good? I got a copy of it off ebay for just £10.99 (and free P&P as well!) from Japan, It's a R0 disc & has English subs too. I would say it's just as good, the only thing I didn't like about the film, was that it didn't start or end with the ghosts of the two children. But its a well put together film, well acted & it still made me cry, It's worth buying for all you fans out there!"

Posted on 11 Aug 2010 22:58:55 BDT
Mama Jo says:
I hated this film as I have a son and daughter about the same age and it was just too tragic to watch, I had to switch it off, it is so sad.

Posted on 21 Feb 2011 13:15:02 GMT
Why would I watch another version of the saddest film I have ever seen, why would I do that to myself! WHY!!!
The animated one hard enough to watch to the end, I cannot subject myself to that again... unless the DVD come with a free length of rope and instructions on how to tie a noose!
If you can watch this more than once, you are a better man than me!

Posted on 2 Sep 2012 02:42:28 BDT
The live action version is available to watch in 10minute segments on youtube, it is worth watching, it gives a better development of some characters like the aunt. It was made I think on the 60 year anniversary of the end of the war, and instead of the ghosts at the start and end it shows one of the aunts children who had kept the sakuma drop tin and was telling the story to their own children. Very well made, and yes, very powerful and moving.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  22 Oct 2009
Latest post:  2 Sep 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions