on 2 July 2010
I am not a proffessional baker or pattissier but I am at home with cookbooks. Most references in this edition to recipes on other pages are not right (f.e. cake with fromage blance page 471 refers to brittany shortbread on page 516, the recipe can be found on page 500.) and a lot of basic recipes can't be found in the index. And what does SQ mean? According to the table of contents you can find a glossary of terms on page 572. This page does not exist. The recipes however are wonderfull and with some effort and the right equipement do-able. To bad something went wrong with the editing because this book is truly one of a kind.
33 comments2 of 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 May 2010
This is a beautiful book and a pleasure to own. The photography is excellent and the presentation and quality of production is very good too. However its not for the faint hearted because all the recipes have many processes but the end result is great once you've practiced a few times. I've done the one on the cover and it was delicious and a real show off dessert but it took practice. I was inspired after a cookery programme to do more than 'puddings' - this certainly hits the mark !
on 18 March 2007
WHAT A GREAT BOOK WRITTEN BY A MASTER A MUST FOR ANY CHEF ESPECIALY IF YOU ARE NOT A TRAINED PASTRY CHEF.SUPERBLY WRITTEN AND WONDERFUL PHOTOGRAPHY I LOVE THIS BOOK ALL OF THE RECIPES I HAVE TRIED ARE EXCELLENT NOT THE NORM WITH SO MANY CHEFS BOOKS.I THOROUGHLY RECOMMEND THIS BOOK I CANT WAIT TO TRY ANOTHER RECIPE OUT THANK YOU SO MUCH ALAIN DUCASSE!
0Comment25 of 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 January 2012
Book came in before estimated time and in a great condition. Also it's the only place I could fint it for less than £150. Based on other reviews it needs to be said that this is NOT a book for beginners and if you're just learning to cook choose something easier to start with.And for professionals- look no further.
on 11 December 2015
Amazing book superb with recipes, photos are a work of art. a serious must for any worthy chef
on 3 February 2011
This is the ultimate dessert cookbook. I'd give it 6 stars if I could. Every recipe pictured plus diagrams of exactly how they are put together!!! Cannot say any more. SUPERLATIVE !!!
on 15 June 2011
I didn't buy this on amazon, but i won this book a while ago, i was thinking of selling it oh here just now, i was looking through it again and some of the recipes are amazing, their are some things that i can't possible do and also some ingredients i can't possible get hold of (im just an amateur cook). If you decide to buy it, and i recommend you should, and you aren't a pro chef then i would say that one of the easiest recipe to start off with is on p.350 and the ice creams are relatively easy. Apart from them good luck, you might need it :)

ps. i decided not to sell it, i have to try some of the things in it
on 3 January 2015
Great stuff
on 13 August 2010
I bought this book ages ago, upon a recommendation of an acquaintance who is a chef and an Alain Ducasse fan; but I have never actually even attempted to make any of its recipes. Beautiful pictures and some of the recipes did appeal to me but the font is tiny (I think it is font size 4).As wondersul as this book may be I do not find it easy to read and there is NO way I could refer to the recipes whilst baking/making the recipe.

It has therefore served me well as a (very expensive) coffee table book.
0Comment1 of 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse