Size: Large|Colour: Black/White/Red|Change
Price:£87.99 - £109.99

on 9 October 2012
I'm a huge fan of Gore cycle wear, so had no hang ups ordering this jacket. It's bright, light and stows away neatly in your rear jersey pocket. This is not a rain jacket, but will protect from all but the heaviest downpours. The quality of the jacket is 100%, the zips are strong and run freely with no maintenance, the rear pocket is large and useful and the jacket material is strong and breathable. I have rode long and short trips with the jacket on and never had any chaffing issues or uncomfortable rides, the fit is excellent. I would recommend this jacket to others as a light wind and rain shower jacket.
on 14 October 2012
As a bit of background I am a complete amateur to road bike riding - knee cartilage all packing up so running days are over and therefore I got my 25 year old road bike out to try to maintain fitness.
So all this bike clothing is new to me however I bought one of these jackets at a sale in Germany for 70 Euros (which I still thought was expensive not knowing what all this bike wear costs)and have been very pleased with the protection it gives. So far I have even ridden through heavy rain and a hail storm and although it says it is only showerproof I found that it kept my torso completely dry and warm - the rest of me was soaked through!

Very comfortable to wear and the usual acid test has been passed as I have just bought a second one for riding at home in the UK.

UPDATE

Apr 2015 - Still wearing this a lot but it is only shower resistant as claimed by manufacturer....heavy rain and then all of me is wet. All zips etc still working well but the Gore logo lettering came off over time.
on 7 April 2014
A very light weight jacket with excellent breatheability - the inside of the jacket is always dry even after a vigorous ride to work when under layers are damp with sweat. Great protection from chilling winds, allowing you to stay warm with fewer layers.
The cut is well designed for cycling leading to a jacket that is very comfortable to wear. Folds into its own rear pocket for storage.
Although very pleased with the performance of the jacket, I think that it is expensive at full price. I purchased this jacket when it was reduced and feel that I got good value for my money.
on 24 January 2015
its a simple jacket but it does the job very well. If you like to layer your clothing then this is the perfect top layer. Pretty much as good as a waterproof but more breathable. the mesh on the arms helps a lot to stop getting sweaty there. Size - I am 5'7" narrow build and i wear a large which sounds ridiculous and it is a little roomy but i don't like a tight fit. I tried on a medium too and that fitted well, with enough length in the arms (often not enough in jackets), a fairly snug fit. Anyone over my height I would say you need large.
on 24 April 2014
...Just wish it breathed a little more - wonder how much the Active Shell actually contributes in practice. Excellent fit, well-made, stops the wind (Windstopper fabric actually works) and looks the part. The only downside is that the rear pocket is nigh-on impossible to access whilst moving, necessitating a stop with the commensurate rapid cooling down.
on 2 May 2013
IT does what it is intended to (( keep the cold wind from penetrating through to you ,and for fifty quid its na bad
on 27 July 2014
shower proof, not waterproof, paid half the price here than it is on high street, so can't complain
on 27 May 2014
Recipient yet to wear it as he is a fair weather cyclist, but fits really well and looks good too
on 4 September 2013
This Jacket is superb. Really good quality feel, extremely light and compact and looks great.

Now the nights are getting colder, this is a godsend. Folded up it fitted in the back pocket of my jersey while the hot and sticky early evening ride was in progress. Once at the pub the sun went down and the chill started. I popped the jacket on, over bare arms, not expecting much but it really made a difference. Kept the chill off perfectly and the ride home was much more comfortable.

The jacket fits slightly slim with long arms and long back. You might find the front is a little short over the beer belly, but when riding it's perfect.

Really good quality materials and construction and I bought the red version which looks cool.

Great jacket and glad I've got it.
on 13 March 2013
I've just purchased a new bike, and wanted a jacket to match with my helmet. I am usually a 'large' man yet in cycle sizes that makes me an XXL yet still it was short and cheap feeling. For the price I was not overly impressed. In my mind, this is a £20 jacket tops.