on 20 March 2013
Absolutely love my Nexus 7, better than having a giant ipad and much better value than an ipad mini.

Really quick, easy to add files, stream music, play games and synch up to your Google account.

In built speakers and camera are not amazing but people that walk around taking photos with tablets or blast out tinny music in public should take a long hard look in the mirror.
on 26 April 2013
I love this - and it is great that I can buy pay as you go internet for when I am away from wifi. Previously could only use my phone in these circumstances and this is obviously so much better.
on 28 June 2013
This wonderful piece of kit does most of what my laptop's capable of, without the bulk and hassle. The speed also puts my laptop to shame, due to a superfast quad processor. Good start up speed and a high quality screen also add to the experience.
Very easy to find your way around, and with apps for almost every eventuality it's always a pleasure to turn it on.
I heard about problems with picture transfers, but with the right connections I've not experienced trouble getting pictures from pc to tablet. Failing that. Bluetooth it.!!
Only downside and disappointment was the quality of sound...NOT GOOD. But not the end of the world either. I bought a decent pair of headphones.
Excellent battery life.....but DO make sure wifi, location access and Bluetooth are disabled when not in use, or the battery will wither before your eyes.!!
It's a solid, sturdy piece of equipment, but a case is highly recommended. ( when will they produce a case where all the buttons actually poke through the holes they're supposed to..!! )
ENJOY...
on 11 June 2014
This is a very wise decision to buy this. The screen resolution is crystal-clear, it sounds good (even when listening to music), and I'm really pleased with it.
I do a lot of travelling, so I just slip it into a pocket and read a book for a long flight.
The battery life is excellent and doesn't require charging daily.
The apps available make it the ideal travelling companion!
Google has really nailed it again... and the competition when it comes to functionality and affordability. Now I own various tablets, iPad air included, yet I have spent far more time using this tablet than any other.

The form factor and slim lightweight design means that it still is the most portable tablet on the market. Vibrant colours and a speedy processor make for a very pleasant experience. Google apps are really catching up with Apple's. Compatibility with third party hardware and pricing should serve as a wakeup call for Apple!!

Die hard iPad users might not like this review, yet let's be honest, how on earth can one justify the price difference between this device and a similarly spec iPad. As referred to earlier, I have the iPad too, which sports certain unique features and lovely Apps, even though I am not really fond of the ageing icon layout. The Nexus screen on the other-hand is fully customisable to suit your taste.

I will not delve into the full specs of this little gem, as these can be easily viewed on various websites. After all specs mean nothing unless they translate into a user friendly experience, which can be only appreciated when handling the tablet.

There is a 4G LTE version available, yet unless you really need the absolute fastest cellular data transfer this is the best option available. Some European countries still do not have carriers supporting 4G LTE anyway (yet they will in the very near future).

All I can say is that the Nexus 7 is a pleasure to use, with very fast loading webpages and applications. It definitely is a premium tablet and will win the hearts of many!

It definitely has won mine!!! Just hit the buy button.... You won't be disappointed!!
on 21 September 2013
After much consideration I plumped for a tablet as I am writing a book and after quite a bit of research it would appear this is the Bees Knees. I want to set up a website and be able to respond to people real time, if I ever get the book and website done - that's the theory. I have found that I have now entered a not necessarily 'appy' and geek-speak world which I find hard going. That's not the machine's fault - but it is hard to disassociate the two.

I think it does all it is supposed to, the problem is it is far to clever for my Windows Vista brain.

Major niggle, I got the 3G version as I am away from home quite a bit but found I could not fire it up at home just with a wi-fi (which it found no problem). So I could not use it until I sold my soul to a 3G operator as well, not sure why that exists, presumably to extract more money off me. Most of the time I only need wi-fi and would like to control which I need myself.

Middle-sized niggle, Another irritation is the front-facing camera only, what on earth is the point of that? I have dozens of pictures of me staring at the machine while I try and figure out what the stupid buttons are for. Am not bothered about the camera but if you are going to put one in make it work so that you can see the button to press when it is pointing at the item to snap.

It does internetty / appy things well. Have not yet (3-4 weeks in) got to the stage where I think it is indispensible to my life but am working on it.
on 26 February 2013
It was a gift for my daughter and she is delighted with it ! I am now tempted to buy one for myself.
on 16 April 2014
As with all computer/tablets you are presented with many more potential uses etc than you will ever need. The Nexus is well built and easy to operate, but it would be great if they actually came with clear, written instructions (book or on screen) so people like me who were born before those who have a micro chip and finger keyboard fitted at birth, can quickly get the best out of it many uses.
on 30 March 2013
I`ve had my Nexus 7 for three days now and although its expensive compared to some Android tablets it`s well worth the money. I bought through Google site and decided to go for 32Gb model with SIM slot in order to future proof it as much as possible. Superb screen, very quick and latest JB O/S is smooth and slick.

I'm impressed with available apps, haven't used Android since last year so things have moved on. Just installed remote for Denon AV receiver so well chuffed!
on 16 February 2013
I bought this device after reading the glowing reviews and no longer being able to resist the price of tablets compared to the price of fancy mobile phones. Mobile internet on a shiny 7" device was just too tempting.

After owning it a couple of weeks, general impressions are positive. It's a very nice plaything (particularly Google Earth and maps - lovely). I have watched some TV on it, and played some games, and the picture quality is great.

As a tablet novice and a complete Android novice, I was surprised by a couple of things:

1. While the device is on, it is permanently logged into the gmail account associated with it. There is no way to log out, unless you disable the account on the settings menu (clunky solution). Or you can get round it by adding a password app that allows you to password certain apps only. I found it a good idea to set up a separate gmail account specifically for this device.

2. You could use a web browser to access emails another way, e.g. use Firefox or Chrome browsers to access Hotmail. My experience so far is that it's sometimes difficult/impossible to log out of Hotmail in those browsers. At the time of writing, this is a known bug, and if it happens, the only way to log out is to clear the browser history.

3. For some reason I have yet to fathom, the camera doesn't come with its own app out of the box. You have to install it.

These points might be screamingly obvious if you're familiar with Android, and with other mobile internet devices, but they weren't obvious to me.
33 comments|60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse