on 14 November 2009
Goodbye Malory Towers

I only recently came across Pamela Cox's books and was intregued to see what her thoughts would be on the characters in her books. The majority of the book centres around a very difficult character, that of Gwendoline Mary Lacey. For those who remember her, she is a spoilt, self centred, vain uncaring individual who puts herself first and expects people to listen to her opinions which are usually wrong. She was a character that most of her classmates loathed or put up with but no one counted her as a friend. Yet in this book she has had to learn some life lessons that make her a nicer character and even her old classmates are prepared to support and help her. One of the biggest lessons she learns is that genune loyal friends are worth having, which is something that I too have learnt to value over the years.
on 26 October 2010
My 11 year old daughter gave the following review-This is good book especially when you have read the original Enid Blyton books about Darrell at Malory Towers. (Malory Towers is a girls boarding school where they get up to lots of mischief and fun). Felicity (Darrell's sister) is head girl at Malory Towers in this book. Gwen (from the original Enid Blyton MT books) becomes a teacher at Malory Towers and teaches Felicity. Darrell and her year group, from when she was at at school, all meet up again near the end of the year, in this book. This is a book I really enjoyed. I would recommend it to any girl what so ever. Pamela Cox's Malory Towers books are really good, almost as good as the original books by Enid Blyton.
on 13 August 2010
Bought this book for my 11 year old daughter who really enjoyed the story. She has thoroughly enjoyed the whole series and I did too when I was younger!!
on 17 February 2011
An excellent read that I would thoroughly recommend especially if you have read the original Malory Towers series like I did as a child. The author has certainly done Enid Blyton justice. If you did not know you would think Enid Blyton had wrote it herself.A very nice tie up of loose ends in that you find out what has become of the original characters of the book(ie Daryl,Alicia,Sally etc)and that Gwendoline Lacey became good in the end!
on 4 December 2015
It definitely touched me how Pamela Cox decided to somehow take on the role of Enid Blyton.
My daughters, Emily and Alicia, both enjoyed this book and throughout the series learned some valuable life lessons that helped later on in life.
I would recommend this book, as not just my daughters, but I too have been enjoying the series!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 October 2012
Ive really enjoyed thev preview of this book & all the other Malory Towers by Pamela Cox. I have books 1-6 (Darrell's years & the start of Felicity's years) on audio CDs. I really hope Pamela's books (7-12) come out on audio CDs too.
on 12 February 2013
perfect gift for a young girl in early teens not like many of the more modern books on the markets that are really too advanced and not so much childish fun
on 4 January 2012
excellent packaging, came really quickly esp at christmas time, just what we wanted, would definitely recommend this as a purchase and a reliable service
on 24 June 2012
I was curious when I saw the new books on Malory Towers having been weaned on Enid Blyton's versions. I was pleased to find that the general tone is very much like that of Miss Blyton's originals. It was interesting to read about "old friends" and find out what they have been doing in the interim! A light, entertaining read, most enjoyable.
on 16 September 2013
My daughter absolutely loves these, she is 9 now and has been reading them since she was 8, and I am recommending them on her behalf.