Format: Paperback|Change

on 14 November 2009
I must admit my heart sank when I heard that our Partnership Group was going to read a book that would take us from Genesis to Revelation to get the big picture. Forget the size of the picture, what about all that reading!!! I hardly have time to complete the newspaper (although I always finish any articles about Spurs), let alone the whole bible and a study book at the same time.

But to my surprise, I was halfway through this great book by Vaughan Roberts and found myself turning pages as quickly as reading a Jeffrey Archer novel (which shows how infrequently and few books I read).

I have studied the bible on and off for years, yet never spotted the plain, yet rich truths revealed in God's Big Picture. Roberts has explained the incredible thread running through sixty-six books, by forty authors, written over nearly 2,000 years clearly and concisely.

If you want to challenge your own beliefs, check out if there is a God and see how a plan comes together, take a look at this big picture.
on 7 August 2010
I was very impressed with the way that the author led us through the Bible and showed how the whole of the Old and New Testaments form a coherent whole. Neither part of the Bible is complete without the other. The path from Eden to Revelation is made clear in this book.
on 3 May 2010
If you haven't read the whole bible before, or even if you have and don't see how it all fits together, this book is a great starting place.
on 23 November 2013
A fantastic book. You'll read it over and over. Easy to understand in terms of writing style and structure, but tackles big concepts and issues. Ties the whole Bible together under the theme of 'The Kingdom of God'. Will help anyone at whatever stage of faith (or not) understand the Bible better and see God's big picture for human history. Chapters are short and easy to digest with helpful subheadings. Study questions after are great for thinking through in a devotional, or as a study group. I couldn't recommend this book highly enough.
on 25 May 2013
Impossible to put the book down. It has now pointed me in the direction of other books to develop my understanding of the Bible
on 7 April 2014
I SO loved this book. A bit slow at the start but by the end of it I came away with an even better realisation of what an amazing and fabulous fulfilment Jesus is of all those Old Testament promises that God has made. What a perfect Saviour He is! An easy read too - nothing too technical or complicated
on 2 June 2014
I read this book after being recommended it by my youth leader. I was looking for a book that helped give me an overview of the Bible. This is exactly what it said on the tin. It runs through the Bible in a chronological order from Creation and the Fall all the way through to Revelation. It has helpful diagrams that help explain where each prophet came in and the relationship between Israel and Judah. Since that time, I have bought multiple copies of this book for my friends on occasions such as their baptism. They have found the book just as helpful as me. Therefore I recommend to anyone and everyone!
on 26 August 2013
Simple and comprehensive; a good summary of the complete Bible pointing out its structure and continuity. Good for use in a group study.
on 18 June 2015
This is perfect for those struggling with connecting the Old Testament to the new, it is not just a list of the main stories you may learn as a child. It explains in a good amount of detail the plan God had from the very beginning. Even having been a Christian for 10+ years, I found this book taught me an incredible amount without being too heavy or bogged down in minute details.
on 14 April 2015
Excellent book. It is easy to read, but manages to convey all the essentials of how Christians read the Bible as a whole. Well recommended for anyone who struggles with the more "difficult" books, especially the Old Testament. I also recommend it for anyone who wants to understand more of the Christian faith, it will help explain why we believe what we believe.