Customer Discussions > God of War 3 (PS3) forum

God of War vs. God of War II vs. God of War III

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 5 Dec 2010 12:30:43 GMT
Truly the Battle of the Gods. All stunning games, but now we've had time to slash our way through all 3, which one deserves the accolade of the best God of War title?

Posted on 8 Jan 2011 19:21:49 GMT
Stevie G says:
Personally, my favourite is God of War 2. But there were elements of each that I loved. Like the weapon set of part 3, and the puzzles of part 1.

Posted on 24 Jan 2011 20:23:46 GMT
Id have to say God of War 2, but that might be because it was the first GOW game i played. But nothing can beat the sheer scale and epicness of GOW3

Posted on 25 Jan 2011 11:55:47 GMT
BlackPhantom says:
I did not get a chance to play GOD 1 & 2 until the remastered HD version that is release recently. I finished all the 3 installments now and enjoyed all of them. My personal favourite is God of war 1 because the story narration is superb if you watch all the cut scenes as a movie (search for god of war 1 cut scenes in youtube). You would see how beautifully the story is told about the transition from spartan -> ghost of sparta -> god of war.

Posted on 13 Feb 2011 11:15:32 GMT
Some good comments here. I'd have to agree with Orko that the first was my favourite. Perhaps it was just that incredible first boss battle against the Hydra to plunge you headlong in the game, but I enjoyed that one the most. I agree that the epic scale of God of War III was truly something to behold, but despite the old adage that if something isn't broken, don't try to fix it, the formula did seem a little repetitive, perhaps?

Posted on 13 Feb 2011 12:05:25 GMT
that is very tuff i think III just tips it for me though

Posted on 18 Jun 2011 09:41:54 BDT
Story - God Of War 1 - it stands up as a single standalone story - with a quality narrative, and satisfying conclusion.
Graphics - God Of War 3 - built for next gen, this is the obvious winner.
Action / Gameplay - God Of War 2

Posted on 18 Jun 2011 09:42:48 BDT
Story - God Of War 1 - it stands up as a single standalone story - with a quality narrative, and satisfying conclusion.
Graphics - God Of War 3 - built for next gen, this is the obvious winner.
Action / Gameplay - God Of War 2 & 3 - all three were similar, but 2 added tweaks such as grappling, the ability to quick climb ladders, and also removed the awkward repeat press R2 button for opening doors from 1. 3 added greater variety of weapons and more enemies on screen.
Sound - all equal - all epic soundtracks, which could easily stand side by side with films such as 300 / Gladiator.
Special mention - God Of War 2 - after playing and completing God Of War 1, this was the most eagerly anticipated game release ever for me - completed in a weekend, the first few hours are some of the best gaming I've experienced, and the cliff hanger ending was totally awesome. It also has the longest campaign of the 3 games released, with the most boss battles, and perfect pacing - so is my pick as the overall best.

Posted on 21 Jul 2011 16:00:28 BDT
Trigger says:
I like them all, but GoWII is my favourite because I think it has the best variety of environments, an excellent selection of boss battles, some clever puzzles and it added some good elements over GoWI like the swing, counter-attack and time-freeze. GoWI holds a soft spot with me simply because it's the first in the series and did things I never thought games could do (the scale and vistas hadn't seemed possible in a mere PS2 game before GoW), and although I like #3 I felt it was the weakest instalment with a slightly confused plot (I still don't really understand Athena's place in the story?) and kind of just more of the same without any significant additions. However, all three are excellent and I think it was just a case of being a little burnt out by the time GoWIII rolled around.

Despite this though, I still plan on getting the Collection Vol. 2, as I've not played the PSP games and am informed Ghost of Sparta in particular was excellent.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  God of War 3 (PS3) forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  5 Dec 2010
Latest post:  21 Jul 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
God of War 3 (PS3)
God of War 3 (PS3) by Sony (PlayStation 3)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (178)