on 31 August 2013
When my daughter was diagnosed as Coeliac all we had was expensive shop bought treats available-apart from the occasional one or two most were not a decent replacement for what my daughter was now unable to eat! i was thrilled to discover Nicole's blog with her easy and straight forward recipes that are tried and tested by her family!
This book is brilliant- it has great recipes that ARE quick and easy- no great long list of unfathomable ingredients!
One of my favourite things is the section in the back that has ready to go cake and biscuit mixes- these were fantastic to pre-mix when we were going on holiday and just add oil/butter and eggs when we got to the holiday cottage!
i can't recommend this book highly enough-we ALL eat the GF recipes made from this book- they are THAT good-simples!
on 20 February 2015
This book is very American. It is hard to understand some of the American terms used and what some of the ingredients are. This sounds ridiculous as I thought we spoke the same language! I don't even know what half the recipes are or what they are supposed to look like as there is only a handful of pictures. Often the lists of ingredients use named American brands which are difficult to source and when I buy what I think is the right thing (usually at great expense) it turns out to be slightly different which doesn't lead to successful baking. I can not fault the authors enthusiasm for gluten free cooking, she is an inspiration but I have had little success following these recipes.
on 30 January 2013
I would recommend this, the first gluten free on a shoestring book and the acompanying blog to anyone who cooks gluten free. The baking mix recipes make great gifts and are perfect for baking with younger children. The refridgerator doughs are brilliant- delicious pizza in 20 minutes? :)
on 22 September 2013
Brilliant book for ALL of us that are intolerant to wheat/gluten....
Good ideas easy to follow and most if not all of the ingredients are easy to source.I have ordered mine through the BRILLIANT Gluten Free section in the Amazon Grocery Dept.
This makes you WANT to try and bake these recipe@s instead of just buying them (at great cost!!!) or simply going without, and sticking to the usual boring stuff we normally have to eat.... well worth a look at this book, try this out , look inside the book for yourself....
on 4 November 2014
This book is OK, however I didn't realise when I ordered it that it was American and therefore it has items in some of the recipes that I have never heard of and how gives you the amount it will cost in dollars.
on 12 November 2013
Still getting to grips with the contents. Have found the purchase of the ingredients to produce the products much more difficult to source. None of the UK Supermarket stocks any of the items I have tried all of them. Considering the available market for gluten free and the cost of the ready made gluten free products. I have found it impossible to source any of the ingredients locally. You are forced to buy from people and operations you do not have any history with and no knowledge of the purity of the product. A very unsatisfactory situation.
on 2 February 2014
A really useful book for people who don't want to pay over the odds for gf foods. You need to be able to convert from American to English at times but very good recipes.
on 25 September 2014
I bought this because I have used recipes from Nicole Hunn's blog before. Lots of good ideas about gluten free cooking here. A useful additon to your library of cook books.
on 21 July 2014
This is a fabulous book
The recipes are simple and cover everything from
Sweet to savoury and are so tasty even those who aren't gluten free will love the products
on 10 June 2016
Great book. I bought this as I'm a follower by email. Really useful with super recipes that are easy & tasty for the whole family, not just the gluten-free members.