on 5 February 2004
I used to fly model aircraft over 30 years ago (silent freeflight, ic freeflight, control line,ic rc) and have just recently decided to start again, this time with my 12 year old son. As it is a long time since I built a plane I decided to buy this book to get an insight into what things are like today - and am I glad that I did. I found this to be an excellent book, well worth the price. It was informative, easy to follow and told me most of what I needed to know not only on how to fly gliders but how to build them as well. The build details are based on a traditional balsa approach but there are few details on the other, modern, construction methods (foam etc.). If you don't buy any other book buy this one, especially if you choose to build your own models.
on 16 January 2007
This book is quite simply the must have reference for the new aero modeller. The book covers all the relevent topics. From choosing your first glider to taking it to the field and flying it for the first time. The instuctions are clear and backed up by good quality black and white photos or diagrams. If you are thinking of taking up the hobby or are returning to it after many years away from it this is the book you must buy. I taught myself to fly my basic two channel gliders using this book. However the as a novice it is allways best to get help when learning to fly a model glider. Even with this great book as reference.
on 5 September 2008
want to get into it properly?..read this first BEFORE you spend money in a model shop.

good information for the beginner and explains how slope soaring and thermal gliders work, and how to build, test, launch, fly and land a model glider.
on 11 November 2000
This is an excellent book for someone new to radio controlled gliders. Good advice on all aspects the newcomer will need to consider with just enough information on more advanced gliders and flying techniques. The book is well illustrated with clear drawings and monochrome photographs. The only thing lacking is a section on EPP foam gliders now available to beginners.
I wish this book had been available when I started !
Steve Gale.
on 25 October 2012
This is an excellent introduction book for anyone who is starting to think about Radio Control gliders. The book is handy and useful and is very easy to use even for those who have already used Radio Control models.
on 4 February 2014
yes it is a very informative book and to me compelling reading to me and a must for a budding newcomer to gliding
on 25 May 2013
A useful book, but sadly dated by now. It is useful if building older traditional models but can be VERY helpful when referred to in conjunction with more recent texts on aeromodelling and flying gliders. I do not regret buying it but refer to it only occasionally.
on 28 March 2013
Tutto perfetto,spedizione e qualità del materiale! tutto consegnato entro i tempi previsti!
on 17 June 2016
Good basic book, worth a read if you are starting out with Ric gliders
on 25 September 2014
A good book for someone starting out in the hobby