Format: DVD|Change

on 30 June 2011
It appears to me that the majority of shows do not seem to be as strong in their second season as what they are in their first. This is not the case for Glee. Glee comes back stronger than ever this season, and I believe that this is a show that could easily last another 5 or 6 seasons. Gwyneth Paltrow's performances were outstanding, and I hope that we see more of her when Season 3 gets underway. I am a massive fan of the new character Blaine, and I feel his storyline with Kurt brings something new to the show, which is strong and interesting to watch. There is also a good choice of songs for season two as well. This show has introduced me to music I would never have thought about listening to before, and I believe that this show has so much more potential. One improvement I can note on from Season 1 is the increased screen time of Naya Rivera (Santana) and Heather Morris (Brittany). They were both amazing in Season one, but the best of their characters is not really until mid way through season two. It is hard to pick a "stand-out" episode for this season, but if I had to it would be "The Sue Sylvester Shuffle". The cast looked like they had really enjoyed the songs in that episode, with all the fancy dress, and that episode without a doubt is one example of Glee at its best.
VINE VOICEon 27 May 2011
On the whole, Season 2 of the hit US television show (well... phenomenon, let's be honest) is a very enjoyable affair. The season features some awesome storylines, some great song choices (and performances) and the acting this season has been outstanding; and a vast improvement on some of Season 1's more wooden performances.

The show develops into a more dramatic affair this season; if I were to sum up the seasons themes in two words I would use "ambition" and "acceptance" - Rachel struggles through the season juggling love with her ambition, whilst Will just struggles with love during these 22 episodes; meanwhile, Kurt fights to be accepted by his peers and Artie begins dating one of the most popular girls in school whilst Tina and Mike begin an Asian fusion of romance.

The season also introduces some great additional characters; Sam and Sunshine are fantastic and cute additions to the show and both have truly outstanding voices, Blaine - the lead vocalist to a rival show choir - is truly brilliant and completely lovely, whilst substitute teacher Holly Holiday is hilarious (although she slightly outstays her welcome). Meanwhile, some of season one's supporting characters have moved up to season regulars- Brittany and Santana have been excellent this seasons- Brittany's one-liners and Santana's fierce attitude and catty comebacks literally add some of the best comedy into this season (aside from Sue, obviously!).

Unfortunately Season 2 of Glee is a relatively confusing mash-up of very enjoyable musical television comedy and poorly planned plots lines. On the whole, the season is great fun to watch, as was season one, and should you be a standard fan of the show, it does itself justice. Meanwhile, if you a very massive Gleek like me, the flaws and inconsistencies become a little tiring and frustrating- sometimes its like they're making it up as they go along; and given the shows enormous success, it's pretty much inexcusable.

But on a show-by-show basis; there really are some great episodes - "Britney/Brittany" doesn't quite meet the Madonna-episode standards but is brilliantly executed and Heather Morris does an outstanding job playing Brittany in this episode, "Born This Way" is this season's GaGa episode which is really enjoyable, "Prom Queen" is a highly intense and truly wonderful episode whilst "Funeral" is brilliantly moving and darkly funny too.

However the best episode, in my opinion, would be "Duets" which really takes on a full ensemble approach and we get to enjoy every character equally- look out for the Santana/Mercedes performance of `River Deep, Mountain High' which is brilliant and Kurt's performance of `Le Jazz Hot' which is sensational. Also, the season finale is pretty much amazing- although a little flawed (sadly) but there are some utterly breathtaking moments!

On the whole, the season is really enjoyable and I do recommend it as an avid viewer. To those, who like me, are just a little bit addicted- well it's not all bad; we can just hope that the writing team pick up their game a bit next season to produce a show with some consistency to its storylines!
on 7 May 2012
I bought this box set for my daughter who is Glee mad. She loved it, we didn't see for days as she watched one episode straight after the other then watched them all again. We don't have Sky so she is missing out on the third series but can't wait until September to buy the box set of it.
on 17 August 2011
In my opinion the second series of glee is super! I believe if you liked the first series you will probably like the second. If you are a glee loving free-view viewer like me then this is a must. As sky have bought the rights that means that glee will only be available to sky customers and to fill the void until the third series DVD comes out then you can watch the episodes of season 2 you loved the most or enjoy the special features. If you have sky, but loved the second series of glee then you can enjoy watching them over and over again and remind yourself of what happened with the relationships, dramas and friendships of season 2 before season 3 comes onto your screens! So if you love glee and you're an avid glee viewer then this is definitely for you. I hope I have helped and enjoy glee :D xx
on 10 August 2012
Glee is very entertaining! There are catchy songs, entertaining storylines and some good jokes. Really loved the Finn and Rachel relationship in this season. The last few episodes were great and the last episode in New York was the best episode of the season with great songs. Glee is a great all round musical/comedy tv show!
on 23 July 2011
The second season of two was in my opinion, better than the first. I haven't before been excited by Glee, but i was this year. Overall, i really did enjoy the series, the brief hiatus did annoy me, as did the time it was shown at, but that not my point. I really moved with the characters, some i disliked more than others and some didn't have their time to shine. Here are the good and bad points.

Good=
+ Kurt's story-line: I was really pleased with Kurt this season. I felt that he progressed more as a character and seemed to have more of a "personality" than the first season. I was ECSTATIC when Blaine appeared because i fell in love with Darren Criss via Starkid, and i completely loved his character. I was slightly confused by Burt's "sudden" heart attack, but i think that helped to show Kurt's emotions more. He had a good part, but i felt that Rachel stole some of Kurt's limelight, as i wanted to know the ins and outs of 'Klaine's' relationship (I am a obsessed Klaine supporter).
+ The Warblers: I LOVED that The Warblers were in Glee this season, it brought a whole new feel of music to the show and i fell in love with their handsome and polite, boarding school boy attitude. Yes they did steal the light a little, and i hate to say it, but it did turn into 'Blaine and the pips', but overall, i loved it, and to be honest, its the main reason why i watched Glee, that and Klaine.
+ The relationships: This season brought a whole new wave of relationships, breakups and makeups were a big feature. I was so proud of the newly formed 'Samcedes' at the season's finale. But i wish i saw more of the Artie, Britanni, Tina, Mike and Santanna love pentagon. Finchel/Fuinn was too out there and i was bored by the first couple of episodes. They were either apart or together with the utterly show stealing Rachel, Finn and Quinn love triangle. I really liked the Emma and Will relationship last season, but it felt the show writer lagged this season where it felt fake.

Bad=
+ Finn/Rachel/Quinn: just basically what i said above.
+ Over/under-focused characters: I was really disappointed by the lack of spec focused on some of the minor characters. I was seriously annoyed about not knowing anything about Mercedes, I want to know more about Artie, Tina and Mike. I like the Santanna and Britanni relationship, but i felt that its not as strong as others. I really wanted to know more about Blaine. I love this character and i missed him when he wasn't popping up in episodes. I loved Sams story twist as he was slightly under-covered but i think that no more can come out of him, apart from his relationship with Mercedes which i am hoping for in season 3. Also i want more Holly Holiday!
+Confusing plot lines: some of the plot lines cooked up confused and belittled me. Some strong and important plots were concluded in half an hour, and i was really disappointed. They became frustrating and basically un-excusable

Overall, i did love this season. I didn't buy the first one as i wasn't a strong watcher, but i am definitely going to buy this season. Mainly for Klaine and the utterly hilarious original songs. I would recommend buying it, but if you can't commit, i would just watch the episodes online. I hope that season 3 can clean up mistakes and enhance the under focused characters. Amazing, but not perfect.
VINE VOICEon 6 June 2011

However the best episode, in my opinion, would be "Duets" which really takes on a full ensemble approach and we get to enjoy every character equally- look out for the Santana/Mercedes performance of `River Deep, Mountain High' which is brilliant and Kurt's performance of `Le Jazz Hot' which is sensational. Also, the season finale is pretty much amazing- although a little flawed (sadly) but there are some utterly breathtaking moments- especially Rachel and Kurt's Wicked duet "For Good"!

on 22 December 2011
Glee season 2 definitely hit all the right notes! Great music, great guest stars, Gwyneth Paltrow and Kristin Chenoweth to name a few. Plus the music, performances, stories and characters are as good as the first season, If not better! Best show on television. A biting comedy for the underdog in all of us!
on 2 November 2012
I am always pleased with the service I get from Amazon. Recently I ordered things from 2 other sites and the delivery was extremely slow and the help was well unhelpful. I trust Amazon fully and am always pleased with the quality of the product, the condition and the price. Glee Season 2 was no different!
on 13 July 2014
You have to like this kind of thing in the first place but if you do, then this is classic Glee - the music is great and there are some brilliantly bizarre one-liners.
One minus point: disc one wouldn't play on my dvd player but did on my computer - otherwise I would have had to send it back.