on 27 December 2008
Nothing much seems to have changed about this since I was a kid. My 5 year old loves it and it proved a good xmas buy for the time she spends on it (being an only child could be relevant here). I thought they could have done more to bring it up to date and found a better way to fasten the hair in / make it longer/shorter. Some sucker-cup feet would also be useful as it falls over a lot when having its hair savaged. Curent amazon price seems very excessive!
0Comment51 of 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 October 2010
I had a girl's world as a child and loved it so decided to buy one for my 6 year old daughter only to discover the quality of the product is dreadful. The make-up is impossible to apply, even copious amounts of lipstick, eyeshadow or blusher are invisible and after only a few days the hair became wiry and impossible to pass a brush through.
A complete waste of money and a very disappointed daughter.
0Comment39 of 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 January 2011
I bought this Girls World for my nearly 4 year old daughter for christmas. One week on the doll is a complete state. Her hair is just a mangled tatty frizzy mess which no amount of combing on mine and her part can sort out.

Having owned a Girls World myself as a child, this product is compeletely useless. The old girls world used to stick to a surface, whereas this one you have to constantly hold its head whilst trying to style. The old hair was lovely and soft and easy to manage whereas this one just comes out in clumps and is like wire.

Last night we even resorted to putting it in the bath and conditioning its hair, this did not really improve it at all.

Another week from now I fully expect this product to be going in the bin.

My daughters friend has two different styling heads, one being the Barbie one which is much better quality than the Girls World.

DO NOT BUY!! A COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY!!!
11 comment43 of 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 14 June 2014
I bought this as a gift for my friends daughter who loves plaiting hair etc but I was embarrassed when my friend told me it didn't last long at all. The hair gets very matted and goes frizzy. The accessories are of 'pound shop' variety and useless. Don't think my friend was being ungrateful! I asked her to be completely honest with me so I could review it. I am glad I didn't pay the current price. I had bought it when it was on offer but even for the price I paid it was a waste of money.

I remember this toy from when I was a child. They certainly don't make them like the used to!
on 8 January 2010
I got this for my two daughters after they expressed an interest in styling hair and makeup etc. They also love to string beads so I thought this would make a nice present.

However, it is much smaller and lighter than you think and as a consequence falls over very easily when being styled, it is very light and unstable.
The makeup which comes with it is of very poor quality and hardly shows up at all on the doll which already has makeup on, so you cannot see the new makeup once it is applied. The makeup is also very hard to completely remove so the doll ends up with a permanently stained face.
The 'growing' tress of hair was a joke - it is basically a hank of hair that is tied with a string and inserted through a hole at the top of the head and then tied to a 'button' at the base, and it comes out by the handful every time the hair is brushed.
The hair itself is of such poor material that it knots all the time and is basically un-styleable.

The best thing about this toy was the hair beader which came with it because at least it can be used with real hair as well as this toy.

Apart from that, this girls world is not at all like the toy I remember from my youth, much poorer quality.

Avoid it!
11 comment38 of 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 June 2013
Ordered for a christmas present. Not as great as I remember. Hair tangles very easily and when it is brushed massive clumps fall out. Accessories arent very good either. The coloured hair extensions fell apart within hours of being out of the box. Very dissappointed :-(
on 1 January 2012
As you would expect it to be. Allows my daughter to "make up" without making a mess of herself, which can't be bad. Good quality product, no concerns or issues, worth the money.
on 8 January 2010
Just what my 5 year old wanted- and her sister plays with it too! Endless fun for a young girl.
on 7 March 2013
Well I think its ok to be honest, despite the fact that the hair is all different lengths and that the "growing hair tress" isn't exactly what it seems. Quite fun to plait and tie beads at the ends. I would just ignore the "growing hair tress" though because basically all it is , is a hole in her head . I enjoy playing with this product and if you want to try hairdressing I think you will too! The brush is actually a real one though, not one of those ones that you use for babies hair. Which is quite good... The annoying thing is the hair lengths, some bits are long and some are short. This makes it very hard to tie up. But overall, I think this toy is ok and would maybe reccomend to a friend
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 December 2013
I bought this at a not too bad price in October and put it away for Christmas. My daughter loves doing hair and we have an old Barbie head given by her cousin and she wanted a new one. She is really pleased with it BUT at just a day of playing with it the cord attached to the hair extension snapped. My daughter is 9 years old and very careful. I wonder whether a 4 or 5 year old would be as gentle. Therefore I have doubts about whether this toy is as robust as it should be. We have managed to cobble together a repair which has shown that the cord is just tied around a loop of hair on the extension. How long it will last now remains to be seen.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse