on 5 June 1999
Absolutely the best purchase I've ever made. This book is incredible. It will have you falling off the bed laughing, clenching your fists in frustration, wiping your teary eyes, shaking your head with an evil grin on your face, and most importantly, it will leave you completely saturated with inspiration.
If you've ever had anything at all to say to the world, but didn't - whether it was because you weighed yourself down with doubt or just kept making excuses - this book will get you off the couch and into the right place to write your own manifesto.
This book really gives hope to all those girls out there, who, as I did at 16, wonder if they're the only non-apathetic teenage girl left in the world. This book clearly shows that feminism is not dead, simply modified. This book is a must for all those girls who want to buck the establishment encouraged view of women as mere playthings.
I would give this book Ten stars if I could. Without a doubt, this should be required reading for every young girl.
on 12 March 1999
This book totally changed my life. I bought it when i was first starting my zine, and it totally got me motivated, inspired, and feeling incredibly empowered. There are so many wonderful grrrl zines out there, and this is a great representation of just a small amount of them. i highly recommend this book to everyone, b/c it's so beautifully full of information, empowerment, life, and honesty that someone in a glossy magazine like seventeen just isnt going to give you.
on 14 December 1998
This book is great!!!!! My partner and I have become inspired, have begun a zine and can't wait for another book like this one to hit the shelves. I liked it the most because it gave grrrls the voice they deserve to be heard with!!!!!