on 21 June 2012
Sen No Sen is the sequel to Go No Sen (Emily Kane Stories) and follows Emily as she continues to try and maintain a normal life despite being hunted by a number of international covert operatives. It is apparent from the very beginning that Emily is struggling with how to balance her own strengths with both the life she wishes to lead and the dangers she can't seem to escape. Her difficulties are easy to relate to as is her love for those around her.

Antoine's writing is comfortable. It flows smoothly from the violence Emily is forced to inhabit to the peace she is trying to protect, effectively mimicking the very internal dilemma is facing. I particularly liked the pacing and writing style.

Like Go No Sen, Sen No Sen includes quite a lot of martial arts theory. It is as much about the proper mind set of a fight as the proper physical conditioning. It wasn't quite as heavy as in the first book and I found it enjoyable. As I appreciated the little bit of Japanese mythology that comes in at the end of the book.

Anyone who is interested in martial arts will likely like this book, as will those who like strong female YA characters. I would recommend reading Go No Sen first however.
on 5 July 2012
This is a sequel to Go No Sen and it further develops the story or Emily Kane - a strong, teenage girl who is a fascinating and positive role model for all YA girls and boys.

The story is carefully researched, well-written and fast-paced and I like that it teaches me something new and different about martial arts.

Emily's character develops throughout this story to take into account her growing awareness of boys, of deepening friendships, of the problems of hostile foreign governments and of how she can look forward to adulthood with the support of family and friends. Alongside that is a metaphysical slant to Emily's character that lifts the story into a different dimension. Best of all, the many action and fight scenes are gripping! I'm not someone who has a great knowledge of martial arts, but I love the way Emily uses her mental and physical strength to overcome some formidable enemies in order to save the lives of two innocent children. Her growing emotional maturity, as well as her mystery of her incredible physical prowess make her an unforgettable character.

I look forward to more stories in the Emily Kane series.
on 12 August 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed this tale. I find it well written and the action is blended in with the characters. The plot when NK comes in was a little far fetched for my taste and therefore I star missing. I will read the next one which I am looking forward to
on 13 October 2013
It was very good!
I love kindaa adventure, action drama sort of books and this falls under all of them.
I just couldn't stop reading.
I'm saving up for the next book!!!!
on 10 July 2015
Enjoyed this book, different from my usual reads, would recommend it.
on 19 July 2015
I would recommend all the books in the series!
on 4 March 2016