Format: Paperback|Change

on 11 August 2010
This is a great book but I made the mistake of ordering Flower Confidential at the same time. The content is identical to Gilding the Lily so don't make the same error as I did.
on 14 April 2011
Loved this book. Very informative about global flower production and as a florist I am interested and concerned about the effect of the cut flower industry. Very good explanation of the wholesale market in Holland and I was at Aalsmeer when I was reading the b ook, so very useful indeed.
on 6 July 2015
A very interesting read, this book will no doubt surprise many readers. That bunch of cut flowers that you can so easily buy at the supermarket, has a significant story to tell. There is a huge industry out there concerning production horticulture of cut flowers.
I doubt there are many authors who can bring this topic within horticulture to life quite as well as Amy Stewart.