Ok, so I got this as a christmas present this year (2010) as I love trees! and I would definatly recommend it! Here's a step by step of what to expect from my experience.
- For those put off by the previous reviews, don't be alarmed, yes the instructions are somewhat confusing, however there is more than enough to get you going.
- Also I'd like to make the point that results are not instant, will NOT appear in 8-10 days and, and will take time and effort if you want to succeed.
- Ok, so the instructions state that there is enough for two attempts?? This is questionable as the seed is difficult to seperate, so what I did was just put each sachet (4 in total) into 4 pots(out of the 5? which is also confusing). Then according to the plan, cover in a plastic bag and leave for 3-4 weeks in a cool light place. As it was christmas, I put mine in the conservatory, but any suitable place would do.
- Following that, the pots were then placed in a fridge!!! (yes a fridge) for another 3-4 weeks. Hence why 8-10 day results are ridiculous. After this they are to be placed in an area with sunlight and watered, so I put mine on the windowill at Uni.
- Now I planted mine on the 22/12/10, and after all the storing and cooling, I fist saw shoots (yes multiple but I'll explain) at about mid february, so about a month and a bit after sowing. Primarily I got around 8-10 small stalks with petals on in each pot, however a week or so later, one large shoot emerged from each pot, and now as I write today 04/04/11 the single shoots range from 4-5cm and look awesome!! I now have to leave them for a YEAR before doing anything in the way of cutting, but its worth the wait.
So just to summarise, it will take ages, the sowing process its borderline silly, but I definatly recommend it!!!!