- Enjoy £1.00 credit to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 credit per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Check out big titles at small prices with our Chart Offers in DVD & Blu-ray. Find more great prices in our Top Offers Store.
- Note: Blu-ray discs are in a high definition format and need to be played on a Blu-ray player.
- Important Information on Firmware Updates: Having trouble with your Blu-ray disc player? Will certain discs just not play? You may need to update the firmware inside your player. Click here to learn more.
Ghostbusters/Ghostbusters 2 [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Get £1 Off Amazon Video*
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
The classic supernatural comedies that defined a generation: Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters 2, together in this special collector's edition Blu-ray set. Celebrate 30 years of the Ghostbusters franchise with remastered high-def picture & sound for both movies, plus all-new and never-before-seen special features. Plus, explore the history of the films with this deluxe collector’s edition, loaded with production notes, character sketches, insider info and more. Bring home these spooktacularly successful films that captured the imagination of audiences around the world—and redefined the action-comedy genre in the process. Who you gonna call?
Blu-ray Special Features:
- NEW! Who You Gonna Call: A Ghostbusters Retrospective - Roundtable Discussion with Director Ivan Reitman and Dan Aykroyd
- Poster Art Gallery – Gallery 1988 artwork
- “Ghostbusters” Music Video – Ray Parker, Jr.
- Alternate TV Version Takes
- Legacy Content:
- Slimer Mode – Picture in Picture and Trivia Track
- Commentary with Ivan Reitman, Harold Ramis & Joe Medjuck
- 10 Deleted Scenes
- 1984 Featurette
- Cast and Crew Featurette
- SFX Team Featurette
- Ecto-1: Resurrecting the Classic Car
- Ghostbusters Garage: Ecto-1 Gallery Storyboard Comparisons
- Slimer Mode – Picture in Picture and Trivia Track
- Time Is But A Window: Ghostbusters II and Beyond - Roundtable Discussion with Director Ivan Reitman and Dan Aykroyd
- Deleted Scenes
- “On Our Own” Music Video – Bobby Brown
Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis wrote the script, but Bill Murray gets all the best lines and moments in this 1984 comedy directed by Ivan Reitman (Meatballs). The three comics, plus Ernie Hudson, play the New York City-based team that provides supernatural pest control, and Sigourney Weaver is the love interest possessed by an ancient demon. Reitman and company are full of original ideas about hobgoblins--who knew they could "slime" people with green plasma goo?--but hovering above the plot is Murray's patented ironic view of all the action. Still a lot of fun, and an obvious model for sci-fi comedies such as Men in Black.
Much less fun than its predecessor, this 1989 sequel starts off on a bleak note by telling us our heroes from Ghostbusters have been on the skids for five years and Bill Murray's lead character never did hook up with Sigourney Weaver's lovely symphony-musician character. What's more, she has a kid by somebody else. Everybody's on an uphill climb, and Ghostbusters II never soars the way the first film did, despite having the same director, Ivan Reitman (Dave, Kindergarten Cop). The lame plot finds the boys attempting to prevent a disaster on New York City caused by too many bad vibes in the Big Apple. Yikes! Fortunately, screenwriters Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis have penned enough good one-liners to keep Murray busy, and if the ghostly special effects no longer surprise as they did in Ghostbusters, they're at least inventive.--Tom Keogh, Amazon.com--This text refers to the DVD edition.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I was disappointed that the GBII Deleted Scenes didn't have the one with Eugene Levy or Possessed Ray, but they still have a great selection, and having both Ray Parker Jr & Bobby Brown's Music Videos for "Ghostbusters" & "On Our Own" is a nice touch too.
I'd have also loved a tribute video or something to Harold Ramis, but we have mourned him ourselves, so it's fine :)
Overall, it's a great little package, with the UV Codes for both Movies, a nice little slip with a Thank You to the fans from Ivan Reitman, and the little Booklet included covering the making of the movies, is fantastic too with some great pictures in there too from both movies.
If you're debating getting this, then don't. It's a great purchase.
A classic comedy that features Bill Murray Dan Aykroyd Harold Ramis who are the writers of the film Sigourney Weaver Rick Moranis and Ernie Hudson. The supernatural genre in this is just very original it has inconsistencies in terms of teh love story and introduction o teh fourth ghostbuster member, but remains a gem.
A disappointing sequel to one of the best comedies of all time which is just as impressive even though the cast do still shine.
Both movies are classics and feature Bill Murry at his best. The plots are humorous, but not ludicrous. A group of unemployed scientists start a ghostbusting agency in New York and save the city from destruction by weird, powerful, disembodied entities...twice.
While "Ghostbusters II" is in part sort of a remake of the first movie, it does contain some fresh ideas and mainly works because of the five-years-later effect – we meet the characters from the first movie again and see what has become of them.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Who are you going to call?
Great films. Funny, exciting and amazing.
ghostbusters! great films from my childhood. Each film is on its own dvd, which is good as ive bought ones with 2 films on 1 dvd and can not get the second film to play.Published 20 days ago by Ms. Kate Lindley
Amazing film very funny brought back happy memories 3 very funny actorsPublished 26 days ago by Amazon Customer
Would be probably very enjoyable if I ever receive the damn things.Published 28 days ago by Michael gildea
This product's forum
Search Customer Discussions