Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on 6 December 2012
I loved this short story by Sara Brooke. I adored Kransen House and I was eager to delve into another of her paranormal tales again. This little story hit the spot for me. I have a phobia of bodies of water so I was creeped out immediately. Sara Brooke really captures the eeriness of a deserted swimming pool and the way the imagination makes harmless objects appear threatening in certain circumstances.

The ending was...just weird. I found myself re-reading the last few pages, wondering what the heck just happened?? In a totally good way.

Strange but effective short story. Fantastic writing as always. :)
on 11 May 2013
I'd never read any books from Sara Brooke before and have to admit I came across Ghost Swim by accident. It looked like it would be a kinda strange read and what swung it for me even more was the price - Nada, that's right zero dinero!

I started reading the short story and was immediately drawn in by the plight of the young swimmer who is training to complete in local trials. As the story progresses all does not appear to be as it seems and the ending will not only shock you but will make you not want to swim again!

Sara also has other books available for purchase: Still Lake, Kransen House, The Zyne Project and Cursed Casino.

Check out Sara Brooke's other kindle books here on Amazon UK or visit her website [...]
on 23 February 2013
I expected a ghostly story and that was exactly what I got, albeit with an unexpected twist to send me on my way after reading. A very entertaining read and one I will have to read again, just because I liked it that much.
Short but sweet, and it didn't leave me guessing while it did at the same time. Well balanced and rounded out. Plus it held my attention from start to end.
I will certainly look for other works by this author.
on 19 September 2013
A great little short story which had me hooked to the end but it ended to quickly for me......I loved the fact it was all set over one evening in one place.
on 12 September 2013
First a small warning, as this is a real short story, so don't expect to get your full amount of pages that amazon promises...

The story is well built, with tension that goes growing towards the end and the final part that makes you wonder how someone would still go to swim in the evening in aa big dark pool.

Nicely done, fitted well on a dark rainy evening in September, before going to sleep!

Would have preferred it a bit longer, but that would have been dangerous, as the speed could have suffered from it!
on 28 March 2014
guess im in the minority here but i thought this was pretty dire. the writing is uninspiring and pedestrian, the main character is horrendously dim (some horror there possibly?), and the entire premise is simply daft. The ending is ridiculous and the pool cleaner should be sacked
Although this story was very short, it was well written and certainly chilling and a somewhat unexpected ending. I noticed there were quite a few other stories listed on this read, maybe they'd be better put into one book.
on 1 July 2013
Personally I thought this book was quite boring and it did not grab my attention the story line was very weird and I didn't think it was well planned out and there was no scary parts even though it's meant to be svary
on 22 May 2014
I enjoyed reading this, but I knocked a star off because it is quite simply too short. I got where the story was going, but it was slightly confusing at the end.
on 11 July 2013
bit disappointing. the story is ok but what a let down with the ending of this book. really disappointed. with the story.