on 6 March 2012
After reading the first of the Ghosts series, paying nothing for it, and staying up late into the night to finish it, I started and finished this book today and have since gone on to buy the next in the series.

As I said in the title. The book isn't flawless, there are typos, and it almost made me drop my review to 4 stars, but I didn't. I really think the author deserves the credit of five stars, because the book is a gripping read.

Caina, is a amazing strong heroine, and I really connected to her as a character, she is tough and sometimes ruthless, but still easy to like as character. The plot was gripping, it gave enough clues to allow the reader to work out some of the mystery, but not too much to make it easy or predictable. The side characters were wonderful, from Ark to Maeltor, and the world was so well put together I really felt like I could see it.

Anyway as I said, am on to the third book of this series, and am currently loving it. Really glad I've found a new author in the high fantasy genre, that I feel I could read again and again.
on 14 November 2013
I've read this book, and its predecessor, and whilst I did enjoy the stories and their characters, the actual writing was far from perfect. Throughout both books many many words were left out, making me think" did I miss something?". Alas, no. These exclusions, though many, did not really spoil the reading of both books, but did annoy me because I believe an author has a responsibility to his readers to make the book as near perfect as he should, not just leave out words, or because someone is too damn lazy to proof read the book, or do they not proof read books anymore, or carry out quality control?
I love this series of The Ghosts, Moeller keeps you engrossed in the story from beginning to end, I couldn't put it down and ordered the next book before I had finished reading this one. There is plenty of action throughout and you really feel for the characters who are very believeable.
Love it
on 11 March 2014
Amazing beyond expectations I love that the book turned the ordinary into extraordinary. The whole book is captivating and drives the attention away from vampires and werewolves that have over taken the fiction world.
on 11 May 2012
Fabulous compelling read.

If there is any problem with this is that it doesnt go on and on.
Caina is now a practiced Ghost and is sent as the Countess Marriana Nereide to the city of Rassada in far Saddai.
There she is forced to work with a new partner whose opinions and morals are in many ways opposite to her own.

The corrupt governor has brought the province to the brink of rebellion with his harsh exploitation of the locals.
When people start burning to death in the manner of the old pharoes she is sent to find and deal with the threat.

Caina is a wonderfuly motivated and interesting character. Her new partner is a very compelling foil for her in this book.
Ill not spoil the plot bar to say that this volume is an improvement on the original installment.
Straight to book 3 now!
on 19 October 2013
I have really enjoyed the Ghost series and I am glad that with a goodly number already existing I have not had to wait any time at all to pick up the next one. You can spot the Moeller DNA in this series but that gives just the right touch in terms of a sense of the familiar. Great characterisation woven with high quality fantasy story telling. You will not be disappointed.
on 7 April 2014
the plot was a little too similar to the first in the series, but still a very addictive read (I've just read both of them non-stop in one day) lots of action a good characters, highly recommend, and a bargain price too!
on 12 January 2014
I read after reading Child of the Ghost which I felt just got going towards the second half of the book but the Ghost in the Flames was a good read right from the beginning. So much so I will read the next in the series.
on 15 May 2013
Read the first in the series (free on kindle so give it a go) then bought 5 in a row. I like to support authors i like and the model of first one free then not to much for the rest suits my reading habits. Just over £10 for all 6 well worth it.
on 25 February 2013
Once again a great book in what is turning out to be a very compelling series. I am enjoying each book in this series due to them being well written and not too predictable. I look forward to the next.