on 18 January 2013
This is not my usual read, and it's been a while since I've read a story in the form of diary entries. I am so pleased that I took the time out to read Willow Cross's Ghost Diaries (#1).

Willow Cross's writing style is so beautifully crafted and appropriate in this story. It was refreshing to read a collection of well-constructed and eloquently described diary entries that were written in the style of 19th century writers. Willow Cross's manipulation of her sentence construction and vocabulary choices, provided an enjoyable read with an edgy and sinister flavour.

The construction of the plotline via diary entries worked effectively with a smooth flow and a quick pace. I would have appreciated a closer connection to the characters; there was just enough to feel as though I was able relate to them.

If you are looking for a quick read, filled with a ghostly, sinister edge, then be sure to pick up a copy of Willow Cross's Ghost Diaries (#1).

Disclosure: I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review.
on 21 December 2012
Ghost Diaries
By Willow Cross

Case #1 Sarah Beth Hawkins

A young woman discovers papers in her father's attack along with journal entries from private journals. She learns that she is from a long line of ghost hunters and these papers, contained in hatboxes tell the story. This story grips you from the beginning. You find yourself reading and drawn into the journal entries of the possessed or is she just going mad. You will have to read this case to find out and determine for yourself if it is just mad musings or has something evil been involved. Now I am anxious to see what other cases will be uncovered. I can't recommend this story enough. It will leave you truly thinking and hungry for more.
Bella Doerres M.Ed
Ghost Diaries, Case #1- Sarah Beth Hawkins
on 16 January 2013
This is a short story about Sarah Beth Hawkins & an unseen entity. Taija Ford found letters & diaries that tell the story of Sarah.
An old man sold Sarah`s dad a silver box & that`s when the headaches & dreams started. It also brought her the love of her life or so it seems to Sarah. Her mother can feel the evil which has invaded their home. Something is really wrong with Sarah for she has never behaved this way before.
Is she dreaming, has she gone mad, or is she now possessed?
Willow has outdone herself going from YA to adult read. This is an awesome story! I`m sure this series will just keep getting better!
on 19 December 2012
I was given an e-copy in exchange for my honest review.

This is the first, in many to come, episodic short stories in the Ghost Diaries Series. This short revolves around Taija Ford. Some time after her fathers death, she starts going thru his belongings and comes across mounds of files that are filled with journals and letters. The first that she stumbles upon dates back to the late 1800's and is about a young girl that seems to be attacked by something of the paranormal. She notices notes are jotted down in this journal in her fathers handwriting. Suspicious of what secret life her father had, she starts her own investigations, one of the journals, and the other to find out the truth about her father and how he ties into all of this.

I loved this adult paranormal read. I could not put it down! The author has several paranormal writings under her belt, but this one is far different from the rest. Looks like we are getting to see another peek at what this author can do. I can't wait to read more of this series. I am hooked.

Warning: Adult read! Contains adult language and adult situations.

Originally posted on The Mystical World of Book Reviews.
on 19 December 2012
I love this ghost story!! It is like "Exorcist" meets a wicked "Man of my Dreams". ;)
I have read almost all of the Willow Cross books, & I love them all for different reasons! I really like it when one of my favorite authors decides to mix it up a bit!
She literally had me on the edge of my seat. I will be anxiously awaiting more of these ghost stories!
on 4 February 2013
Taija Ford was going through her dead fathers things and found some files about of hauntings and alleged demonic possession.
this book is about a Girl named Sarah Beth Hawkins who was possessed by a demon and what happens to her and her family
I loved reading this book it may be a quick read but i am sure you will as well
on 30 March 2013
A gift from the author for an honest review, so thank you!!

I love reading about ghost and all the scary good stuff. Taija Ford finds her daddy's journals, which she comes to find out are research on old paranormal case's that he has worked on. I can understand how Taija could get wrapped up in all of Sarah's and her family's diaries!! I was getting wrapped up myself LOL. I love how the author puts everything together. I think Taija is smart enough to cary on her daddy's work. This was a great short read and looking foward to see what Taija finds in the next hatbox.
on 7 July 2013
Willow Cross
Ghost Diaries, Case #1- Sarah Beth Hawkins

Ghost stories are never top on my list, so wasn't sure what to expect when I started reading this but was soon found myself fascinated by the journal entries and how the author had pulled the story together. A very quick read, it's fast paced and each entry detailed how the demonic possession was progressing day by day. Thoroughly enjoyable, I can't wait to read more in this series.

I received an e-copy from the author in exchange for an honest review.
on 5 January 2013
I was expecting more from this book, it took me about 30 minutes to read it, it was a bit predictable, I thought it would be a little bit more scary, it was ok, it reminded me of the exorcist.
on 23 August 2013
I really liked this book. I thought the diary format was really cool. I think the concept was interesting, finding the hat boxes with the diaries